View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 05:16 PM
Sometimes collector

This is a good question. I haven’t ever planned to retire anything at a set limit. I have 304 rockets that could be flown, but many of the models from the mid to late 70s have bad shock cords and it is not a small task to replace them. I have 33 damaged that could be repaired and 32 that were lost, about half of those lost were replaced or will be. The number of damaged rockets is always growing, but they do get repaired over time. There are terrible flyers like my Astron spaceman and Crossfire ISX, they may never fly again unless I attempt to modify the rockets to fly straight. I have a High Power dual deploy rocket with 103 flights, it and another HPR with 50 flight should be retired because of accumulating damage, but they get flown because I haven’t replaced them yet. Some rockets (like yours) get flown often so I have a few mid and HPR with 20-50 flights. I have many with fewer than 5 flights. Finally, I am not sure I will ever fly my Maxi-Xwing or Mars Lander built in the 70’s. They are both sentimental favorites that can have flight problems. I can build an NCR Xwing or Semroc Mars lander if I want to get a similar experience.