View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 07:02 PM
The_Ripper

Default Centuri Mars Project 5313

I won this on eBay last week. It's a display only model rocket that I remembered hanging in the hobby shop years ago. It's the basic shell parts for the Centuri Phoenix Bird. Not for resale it was for display purposes.

I purchased it because I wanted to build a Phoenix Bird with the plastic connector / coupler like the original and figured I'd pick up the Estes Phoenix Bird when it is released for the decal set only since the specs call it out as a BT-55 model, not ST-13 like the original. I picked it up for about the price of the current Estes Eliminator kit so I felt I got a pretty good deal.

After putting it together to see how the model I'm now thinking of putting a Semroc motor mount in it and streamer to fly it. I actually like the paper "Centuri / Rockets" wrap on the payload tube and since it's only held on with tape may remove it and scan it to have it reproduced in vinyl should I ever decide to build another.

Any forum members have that plastic connector like this that they may be willing to sell or barter for? I'd like to get a second one and I'd prefer not to get the resin cast one from Moldin' Oldies unless I can't find another original part.

http://www.siriusrocketry.com/eshop...products_id=318

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  001 Centuri Mars Project.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  163.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  002 Centuri Mars Project.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  169.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  003 Centuri Mars Project.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  118.8 KB  
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates