View Single Post
Old 09-04-2024, 10:27 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle3
Thanks!

The latest issue is out and available here, https://cv41.org/newsletters/V24I4.pdf

The scale article in this issue is the Exos, a sounding rocket developed by the University of Michigan in the late 50s. It's three stage with an Honest John, to a Nike to a Yardbird. North Coast may have an Exos kit out this Fall.
Hi Buzz,

Great job on the newsletter! You have good coverage of Al and others at NARAM-65, but not much of yourself. Here are a couple photos I captured of you and of some of your classic vintage collection of model rockets you brought and flew at the NARAM-65 Sport Range: a custom modified clone of the Estes Skydart boost glider, the Cox Space Shuttle America, and a Semroc parts custom SLS upscale of the Centuri Vector V.

I enjoyed meeting you at NARAM-65 and seeing your rockets take flight! The Cox Space Shuttle America flew amazingly well both times I saw you fly it! What size motor did you use for it?

Also, thanks for sharing the Cox Space Shuttle America Official Rocket Flight Manual on YORF for us all to enjoy: https://plans.rocketshoppe.com/cox/cox5200/cox5200.htm

Glad to see you and Al brought your Alpha IIIs to Estes Industries for the Gleda Estes Memorial Launch at their new launch field. Did you both get to fly them there? I brought one of my Alpha IIIs and got to fly it there, as well. Besides our Estes Alpha IIIs that Estes Industries invited us to bring and fly, they also flew several of the miscellaneous rockets that they had laid out on the table in this photo next to where I am standing under the Estes Launch site tent.

In addition, I managed to take a snapshot of your friend Roger Wilfong at NARAM-65 with his classic Estes Red Max, which also flew well.

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
aka: Faithwalker
NAR #46879 SR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Buzz_Nau_NARAM-65_sport_launch.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  155.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Buzz_Nau_NARAM-65_sport_launch_rockets.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  273.0 KB  Click image for larger version