View Single Post
Old 08-03-2023, 01:48 PM
Craftsman

I don't remember if this was covered earlier in the thread, but I finally got my head around how the annual NRC categories work. Okay, out of all the 2023-2024 events, maybe I could get interested in Payload Altitude. But not with a B motor.

It's like the SCCA only running CSP for the whole year of autocross. You have or want to build and ASP or ESP car? Too bad, you'll just have to sit it out until we decide to run those classes some other year. No, we don't know when that will be. WTH?

A friend I was discussing this with hit the nail on the head:

>>But the main issue to my mind is that in any given year, the rockets NAR wants to compete with aren't what I'm interested in building that year.

Or ever, perhaps.

Now that I finally understand this, it seems blindingly obvious that one thing keeping participation low is the severely limited scope of what competition is sanctioned in any given year. I could get up to my elbows in competition, but have frankly less than zero interest in any of the events being offered for the next 12 months.

Except Giant Sport Scale. That might be fun at NARAM. But it's just one thing, and there probably won't be a bunch of local competitions through the year in that category.