View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 06:28 PM
rocket dinosaur

Space Ranger:

That is entirely possible. At one-point about 12-13 years ago, I had several email conversations about kitting the Carlisle Mark I ( with a base model stand that was engraved) with Carl..... It never came to fruition, as I was battling a number of medical problems at the time and the matter was dropped.

I used to have an office outlook .pst file that had all my emails from circa 1996. It had grown to about 2gb in size and although I had multiple disks in my PC at that time, I never bothered to back any of it up.

One day I was in some remote corner of the dark web snooping around and I picked up a particularly nasty piece of malware that literally ate my C: HDD up......total, complete, destruction......lost everything......almost.

Luckily for me, a lot of non-email stuff was on the other HDD and it was saved.

SO, to make a long story short, all of our correspondence has been lost to history.

Over the past month I have been trying to organize the stuff on my various HDD/SSD and I keep finding stuff from back then that I didn't even know that I had. Plus now I backup everything EVERY Sunday like clockwork.....just in case.

Attached is a 1st draft rough drawing of the proposed Mark I that I sent to Carl back circa 2008. This was a proposed part listing with a few dimensions that I also got from doing some poor photogrammetry on my part

Terry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Carlisle Mark 1.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  219.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  CM!2.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  33.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  CM-11.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  124.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  CM12.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  34.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  CM13.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  29.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  deliveryService_id=NASM-15E8175E286D2_06.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  1.07 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  deliveryService_id=NASM-15E8175E286D2_07.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  1.70 MB  
Attached Files
File Type: edu_sites_default_files_images_collection-objects_record-images_nasm-15e8175e https___airandspace.si.edu_sites_default_files_images_collection-objects_record-images_NASM-15E8175E (398.1 KB, 7 views)