View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 04:36 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
I was reading through a thread and Steve Naquin mentioned that he had a photo of a friend flying a CMR Manta. It occurred to me that a lot of us likely have old photos like this. If anyone would care to share them, this would be a good place to do it. The closest I have is a momentary sweep across the bedroom on a home movie that my Grandpa made circa 1978. It never occurred to me to ask him to take movies of a launch, and none of us had the kind of access that would have allowed us to take a camera to the launch at NKU in 1977. Except for that quick swipe of Super 8, the hobby may as well not have existed for me.
In short, if you have old rocket pics you'd care to share, I'd love to see them.

Well, I knew I had some polaroid pics from 1978-1979 because I have a scanned pic of me with my FSI Mach-1 Dart in a few places on the forum that I scanned many years ago with a really crappy scanner
I have an old Epson V500 Photo Scanner sitting here collecting dust that I never could get to work with Linux ... well it worked for a while and then stopped. I now have a Windows laptop that I use to work from home and loaded the drivers on my laptop and whala now my scanner works again so I set out to find the CMR Manta picture. In doing so I found two old photo albums filled with polaroid pictures all dated 1978-1979 same time frame as the FSI Mach-1 Dart picture so I may try to scan a few of the better ones. I haven't looked through these albums since before I moved in 2008 so pretty stoked that I actually located them yesterday. Some of the stills look okay but the slow shutter speed of that old polaroid camera caught mostly blurry shots of anything already off the rod and in flight.

Maybe with the scanner and some sharpening I can get a few decent scans of these pics. I probably need to scan some of these pics anyway because I don't think these polaroid pics will last forever

BTW great thread Bill. GREAT posts everyone ... keep the pictures coming.
I LOVE looking at old rocketry photos!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Steve Naquin Photo Albums 1978-1979.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  924.6 KB  
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates