Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Building Techniques (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Need help on Astro 1 decal (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=9593)

Leo 07-14-2011 01:13 PM

Need help on Astro 1 decal

I drew up an Astro 1 decal and need to know if the "Astro 1" letters come in accurately compared to the original.

I used the poor scan that was found on JimZ's site as reference.

Anyone have an original decal to compare with my drawing?

@Carl: It would be nice if you could let me know what font for "SEMROC" is used :)

sandman 07-14-2011 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a jpeg I made from one of Phreds old files.

Leo, yours looks about right.

Leo 07-15-2011 12:17 AM

Thanks Gordan.

Now i'm really confused because yours is a bit different than the one on JimZ's site.

Does any one have a picture of a Centuri Astro 1 rocket they could post here?

A close up of the decal would be nice.

Leo 07-22-2011 10:14 AM

OK, I'm more than surprised that no one has an original Centuri Astro-1 at hand to compare my decal.

This is the final version I drew up and printed with a laser printer.

Instead of using red I chose black to compliment the black nose cone better.

Before I put this baby on my rocket here is one last shout to all if the decal looks the same as the Centuri decal minus the SEMROC logo :)

sandman 07-22-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
Thanks Gordan.

Now i'm really confused because yours is a bit different than the one on JimZ's site.

Does any one have a picture of a Centuri Astro 1 rocket they could post here?

A close up of the decal would be nice.

Now you have me confused.

Can you be more specific about the difference?

My old eyes do see it. It looks identical to me but I've been wrong before...once or twice.

Leo 07-22-2011 11:20 AM

Gordon,

the letters are somewhat different. E.g. look at the "t". It doesn't touch the "s" and "r" like yours. I just want to be 100% sure.

sandman 07-22-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
Gordon,

the letters are somewhat different. E.g. look at the "t". It doesn't touch the "s" and "r" like yours. I just want to be 100% sure.

OK, now I see it.

But...which one is right?

If it's yours I can change mine really easy!

Leo 07-22-2011 12:45 PM

As far as I can determine mine seems to be correct because I drew it after Semrocs decal and the decal found on Jimz which both are the same.
I would just like to have confirmation from someone who owns an original Centuri kit with the original decal on it.

Der Red Max 07-22-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
OK, I'm more than surprised that no one has an original Centuri Astro-1 at hand to compare my decal.

I've owned 3 original Centuri Astro-1's from various time periods and none of them came with the texted decal. Only the roll pattern was included on the decal sheet.
I'm very curious as to what version of the Astro-1 included that name decal that's on the JimZ site.
None of the catalog models ever displayed that decal (as far as I can remember).

sandman 07-22-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
As far as I can determine mine seems to be correct because I drew it after Semrocs decal and the decal found on Jimz which both are the same.
I would just like to have confirmation from someone who owns an original Centuri kit with the original decal on it.

OK, I'll fix mine.

Thanks.