Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Build Thread: Boyce Aerospace Pershing 1A builder's kit (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=19368)

jeffyjeep 02-28-2021 03:45 PM

Build Thread: Boyce Aerospace Pershing 1A builder's kit

2 Attachment(s)
I thought I'd start anew on this thread now that I have everything for the build.

The 3D printed parts from BAH are exceptional!--they're much smoother than the parts that BAH provided for the Nike Ajax builder's kit.

"The Vixen" has graciously volunteered to sand the 3D printed plastic parts while I'm in Nashville, TN this week on a job.

The 29 mm engine mount tube is from LOC and the BT-101 I've had laying around for so long that I don't even remember why I happen to have it. I've cut the engine mount tube down to 8" and after measuring the BT-101 and marking it I've cut it to 21.467"

TBC

Flash 02-28-2021 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Boyce Aerospace is awesome. They are providing models and model parts that we wouldn't have if it wasn't for their service.

I've encourage them to build a near 1/100 scale Space X Starship based on the BT100 body tube. Alex said he like the idea. I provided some pics for encouragement to. Only time will tell?

Again, happy building!

jeffyjeep 02-28-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerHawk
While you’re in the Nashville area stop by and visit John and crew at Hudson Classic Hobbies. Their website is www.hudsonclassichobbies.biz

I'll try to stop in! It's too bad they're closed on Monday--otherwise I would stop by tomorrow on my way out of the airport since they're not that far from BNA.

Chas Russell 02-28-2021 09:24 PM

I know John Hudson. Was stationed with him at Mather AFB outside of Sacramento in the late 1970's. Visited with him many years back when traveling in the area. Hope he is doing well.

Chas

jeffyjeep 03-02-2021 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas Russell
I know John Hudson. Was stationed with him at Mather AFB outside of Sacramento in the late 1970's. Visited with him many years back when traveling in the area. Hope he is doing well.

Chas

I stopped by Hudson Classic Hobbies today. John Hudson says hello!

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-02-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:
While you’re in the Nashville area stop by and visit John and crew at Hudson Classic Hobbies. Their website is www.hudsonclassichobbies.biz

:cool: Next time we're in town to visit our daughter I definitely will.

tbzep 03-03-2021 08:50 AM

Wow...there was basically nothing on the west side of I-24/Antioch when I was in college. That area along with Brentwood/Franklin have become one huge suburb of Nashvegas. Murfreesboro has grown exponentially too. I rented a house out in the boonies when I was in school there. There was a total of three houses on the road and I could walk out back and fly rockets. There's a city park next to that house now with subdivisions all around it.

jeffyjeep 03-04-2021 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
:cool: Next time we're in town to visit our daughter I definitely will.

Go for it! I hope you're not allergic to cats.

tbzep 03-04-2021 07:07 AM

Quote:
Headquartered in Franklin, Nissan's North American Operations is there, so I imagine that whole area is booming.

The plant is in Smyrna, about 10 miles toward Nashville from Murfreesboro. They have an extensive wellness program for their employees. I was a lifeguard there while I was at MTSU. The whole region from Franklin, to Murfreesboro, to Gallatin, and back to Nashville is almost a megalopolis now. There are only a few holes to fill in, probably due to people holding on to their family farm lands, refusing to sell.

tbzep 03-04-2021 09:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For those who haven't met him, here's the rocket cat.