Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Cardstock Rocketry (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Centuri UFO sighting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=15613)

tbzep 07-14-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Good answer !
Just dont get any component ingredients from Acme or Ajax.

Duly noted. Although I like explosions, I don't like unexpected ones. ;)

ghrocketman 07-14-2020 05:04 PM

Me too; I LIKE Explosions, but NOT unexpected ones in anything of MINE.

snaquin 07-14-2020 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
tbzep industries can easily manufacture the C5-0 or C5-P now that proper supplies are available. ;)
:chuckle: I am thinking of using a C5-P manufacturing technique from tbzep industries in one of my projects so I don't burn up the tops of the multiple motor mounts ... ;)

mwtoelle 07-14-2020 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Good answer !
Just dont get any component ingredients from Acme or Ajax.

They might work for you or me, but I think Road Runner has a controlling stake in those companies. Their products will always fail when Wile E. Coyote tries to use them on Road Runner, but work correctly for others.

dlazarus6660 07-15-2020 06:45 PM

Has anybody have a paper model of the UFO from the T.V. show "UFO" from the 1970's era?

I think that would make a kool rocket!

Love the sound effects.

ghrocketman 07-15-2020 06:54 PM

I'm not buying into Acme or Ajax products ONLY failing for W.E.C. especially when it comes to propellant ingredients.

Wile E. Coyote..... SOOOOOPER GEEEENYUSS !

A Fish Named Wallyum 07-15-2020 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlazarus6660
Has anybody have a paper model of the UFO from the T.V. show "UFO" from the 1970's era?

I think that would make a kool rocket!

Love the sound effects.

Wow. Shows like that make it easy to understand my aversion to sci-fi TV shows. :chuckle:

dlazarus6660 07-15-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Wow. Shows like that make it easy to understand my aversion to sci-fi TV shows. :chuckle:

I think they have a pill for that! :chuckle:

tbzep 07-16-2020 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum

What? You don't like the purple haired moon base girls? :cool:

blackshire 07-24-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole
This is a cardstock / downscale combined model.

The Centuri Alien Scoutship Flying Saucer has always been one of my favorite kits. I had a couple when they came out years ago. The design to me was so well thought-out. Centuri gave us the basic flying saucer that most flying saucers have been designed on since.

So I set out to clone the Centuri UFO. I know, others have done this. I decided to take a different approach to my clone.

First, I decided to draw the elements that had originally been embossed.
Second, I down-sized the scale to fit on a 8.50 X 11.00 sheet of card stock for printing.
Third, I wanted to share this design with anyone who would like to build their own.
At the end of this build thread I will send the PDFs to Scott so he can post them for sharing. It's all right with me if anyone wants to recolor or add their own touch to the drawing. All I ask is share it here.

The size of the craft is around 75% the size of the original Centuri UFO. ( 7 inch in diameter)

I used the BT-20 engine tube. If you want to fly on a smaller engine use an adapter.
Some parts are printed on 110 cardstock, and some parts are printed on adhesive-backed shipping label paper as noted in the thread.

Here are a couple shots of my UFO sighting.
That's a beautiful reproduction! Another possible solution to reproducing the embossed features, if you make another one, might be to laminate the "frustum shrouds'" card stock, leaving appropriately-shaped openings in the uppermost layer. That red emblem, incidentally, was seen on the white, egg-shaped (prolate ellipsoid), landed UFO (see: https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...Hd0KDMsQ4dUDCA0 ) that Police Officer Lonnie Zamora approached fairly closely on the ground on the outskirts of Socorro, New Mexico, on April 24, 1964.