Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Channel surfing - Kung Fu (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=16139)

samb 07-31-2016 11:27 AM

Channel surfing - Kung Fu

Saw an old episode on the Decades channel co-starring William Shatner and France Nuyen ("Elaan of Troyius"). Shatner plays the sea captain (of course) and Nuyen plays the princess (of course). Caine schools the Captain (of course) but lets him off the hook. The Captain gets the girl in the end (of course).

Doug Sams 07-31-2016 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samb
Saw an old episode on the Decades channel co-starring William Shatner and France Nuyen ("Elaan of Troyius"). Shatner plays the sea captain (of course) and Nuyen plays the princess (of course). Caine schools the Captain (of course) but lets him off the hook. The Captain gets the girl in the end (of course).

Of course !!

<vbseg>

ghrocketman 07-31-2016 05:26 PM

The "Decades" channel always has a one-series "Binge" that starts Saturday mornings and ends at 7am Monday. I always found David Carradine's character on Kung Fu to be a real mouth-breathing DULLARD...that show is irritating beyond belief.
Last weekend was the "Kojak" binge....now THAT is a SHOW worth watching !

samb 08-01-2016 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
The "Decades" channel always has a one-series "Binge" that starts Saturday mornings and ends at 7am Monday. I always found David Carradine's character on Kung Fu to be a real mouth-breathing DULLARD...that show is irritating beyond belief.

Yeah, they played episodes all weekend. Just dumb luck that I happened on it during what had to be the Emmy award winning episode of the series ! ;) I didn't watch it back in the day, but I remember being pretty jazzed by the Shaolin Temple graduation/branding ceremony from the original TV movie.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote:
Last weekend was the "Kojak" binge....now THAT is a SHOW worth watching !

But did your mom have his album ? :D

tbzep 08-01-2016 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samb

"****** Jim! I'm a doctor not a grasshopper!"

ghrocketman 08-01-2016 04:56 PM

There was a BRANDING episode of "Kung Fu" ? That probably would have been worth seeing.
What did they brand him ? Should be "D" for dull.

samb 08-01-2016 08:15 PM

Quote:
There was a BRANDING episode of "Kung Fu" ? That probably would have been worth seeing.

The first Kung Fu was an ABC Movie of the Week. The most popular of those went on to become series so I guess you'd call it the pilot. You need to look for that scene, it's pretty badass !

dlazarus6660 08-01-2016 10:24 PM

I bought all three seasons in 2007. All but 1 are complete. Love all the episode's.

Rocketflyer 08-02-2016 07:21 AM

Quote:

Dragons on the inside of his forearms. He had to put his arms around the hot kettle, the dragon reliefs were glowing red. Burned in "tattoo."

JohnNGA 08-02-2016 12:31 PM

I have an old Biker friend who thought it would be cool to get the dragon/tiger tattoos on his arms....he had to fight a lot after that...