Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Plans & Publications (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   CMR Pirate (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=64)

SEL 05-05-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
Wow, I joined as a new member June 2005 ... that is an oldie!

Welcome Back Steve! (Got the ARG file - thanks!)

Same here. I could have sworn that I joined sooner than 2005, but apparently not.

zog139 05-05-2020 07:27 PM

I am fairly certain I have some of the RB77 nose cones as well.

snaquin 05-06-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
Welcome Back Steve! (Got the ARG file - thanks!)

Same here. I could have sworn that I joined sooner than 2005, but apparently not.

Thanks, glad you got the file.
Yeah, good to be back here and on the right side of the dirt!
;)

Ez2cDave 05-08-2020 02:16 PM

Unfortunaely, I don't have data for the CMR Pirate . . .

Dave F.

SEL 05-08-2020 03:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Looks like there were at least 2 versions of this kit. The first is from the 1980 catalogue, the 2nd is from 1987.

Ez2cDave 05-08-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
Looks like their were at least 2 versions of this kit. The first is from the 1980 catalogue, the 2nd is from 1987.

Good Catch !

The difference appears to be only the payload section . . .

This was necessary when the NAR switched over from the "Lead Slug" Payload Weight to the "Sand-Filled Paper Tube" Payload Weight.

Dave F.

SEL 05-08-2020 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
Good Catch !

The difference appears to be only the payload section . . .

This was necessary when the NAR switched over from the "Lead Slug" Payload Weight to the "Sand-Filled Paper Tube" Payload Weight.

Dave F.

The later catalogues list the payload capsule available in 2 sizes: one for the NAR payload and one for FAI payloads.

BEC 05-08-2020 05:54 PM

Interesting that the hot setup for B Payload Altitude even back then was a two stager A10-0T to A3-4T. That's still generally the best combination.

I'd be worried about the booster streamlining in, resulting in a DQ (if the RSO sees it do so). It happened to me at NARAM-61 last summer (*sigh*)

I suppose if this model (Pirate) were still available there would need to be a third version since the sand-in-a-tube payload was recently revised so that it could fit in BT-20 instead of it having to BE BT-20.

DWolman 05-09-2020 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sean - I believe I must have had a Pirate at one point, I did come up with the pieces for it - pics are below.

I'll keep an eye out for the instructions or any other pieces as well -

Ez2cDave 05-09-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
I'd be worried about the booster streamlining in, resulting in a DQ (if the RSO sees it do so). It happened to me at NARAM-61 last summer (*sigh*)

Here's a TIP . . .

Paint your Booster a Light Blue ( Very difficult to see coming down ) . . . Build extra's, in case you can't find it. later .

Also, hollering "WOW ( or a suitable "expletive" ), look at that !" and pointing wildly at the sky tends to "distract" the RSO - LOL !

Dave F.