Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   More designs (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=11479)

Brain 12-30-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdjsky01
Link is here on TRF: Saparinger-XL

I haven't had much of a chance to keep up with the Forum (due to work & holiday-related stuff), but I have to say that watching someone else build one of my designs is rather good for the soul and I wanted to express my appreciation for your work! Which is excellent, BTW (bias certainly at work here!)! I look forward to some shots of the finished bird and I'd love to see some launch video, should that ever come to pass.

Great job! Thank you!

mycrofte 12-30-2012 07:22 PM

Cool design!

Nerf gun ammo might make for good multiple independent warheads though...
__________________________________________________ ___________

SteveA 01-04-2013 11:37 AM

I really like this, what do you call it?
http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/atta...achmentid=30591

mycrofte 01-05-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA
I really like this, what do you call it?
http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/atta...achmentid=30591


With that color scheme, it looks kinda like a Vorlon ship from B-5.
__________________________________________________ __

SteveA 01-05-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrofte
With that color scheme, it looks kinda like a Vorlon ship from B-5.
__________________________________________________ __



Ha! You're right, it does!

Brain 08-21-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA
I really like this, what do you call it?
http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/atta...achmentid=30591

That one is the Terraphobia...

Bluegrass Rocket 04-21-2018 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, over 5 and 1/2 years ago I saw the design in post #13, the Atlatl, and thought ďIíve got to try and make that into a modelĒ. So, I thought about it, tried to figure it out, even got some parts then it got pushed aside. Now here it is all those years later and last week I started building it. Iíve got almost all of the construction done. Thought Iíd share a photo. Iím very pleased. It will still take a bit to get it finished and painted but, hopefully not another 5 plus years.

neil_w 04-21-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass Rocket
Well, over 5 and 1/2 years ago I saw the design in post #13, the Atlatl, and thought ďIíve got to try and make that into a modelĒ. So, I thought about it, tried to figure it out, even got some parts then it got pushed aside. Now here it is all those years later and last week I started building it. Iíve got almost all of the construction done. Thought Iíd share a photo. Iím very pleased. It will still take a bit to get it finished and painted but, hopefully not another 5 plus years.


Looks great!

Thanks for necro'ing this thread, I never saw it the first time around (hadn't BARed yet). Lots of great stuff.

Blastfromthepast 04-27-2018 01:23 PM

That is definitely a cool bunch of designs! I like em' all!

Any stability issues with the forward ring on the GROKKET? (2nd set, 2nd pic)

I also like the TERRAPHOBIA. It vaguely reminds me of the old Estes DOM AeroFin.

Nice work!

neil_w 04-27-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastfromthepast
Any stability issues with the forward ring on the GROKKET? (2nd set, 2nd pic)


I was wondering about that as well. Rings have a very strong pull on CP; ring canards are not good for stability (I toyed with them in the past and abandoned the idea for this reason).

The Atlatl has some worrisome rings as well, although they don't look as bad it's still hard to tell. Not clear to me which of these designs has been proven stable and which are just paper designs.

They look cool though. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.