Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   SVDT - Semroc Virtual Design Team (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   SAM (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=8219)

Carl@Semroc 12-12-2010 08:50 PM

SAM
 
We are announcing a new club today called SAM (Semroc Astronautic Modelers) that will partially supplant the SVDT. The details are on our website. Just as you can see the "invisible" SVDT forum, SAM members will be able to see the "invisible" SAM forum.

It will have a 10% discount (20%) if NAR membership is also current, just as the SVDT has been. Some of the confidential info will not be public on the SAM forum as it is here. We will probably keep the SVDT for mor private info just as we have been using it for.

If you are still active on the SVDT forum, please post here in the next few days so we can clean up the active members list.

SEL 12-12-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
We are announcing a new club today called SAM (Semroc Astronautic Modelers) that will partially supplant the SVDT. The details are on our website. Just as you can see the "invisible" SVDT forum, SAM members will be able to see the "invisible" SAM forum.

It will have a 10% discount (20%) if NAR membership is also current, just as the SVDT has been. Some of the confidential info will not be public on the SAM forum as it is here. We will probably keep the SVDT for mor private info just as we have been using it for.

If you are still active on the SVDT forum, please post here in the next few days so we can clean up the active members list.


Hey Carl,

I'm not as vocal as some, but I check in 5 or 6 times a week. The Good news is after almost 2 years of unemployment, I started working again back in August (WWW.Insitu.com). The bad news is my spare time is cut to next to nothing. For now I'll take the bad news - it sure as heck beats the alternative. I have been keeping track of the new releases: The Trident, Scrambler and a couple or 3 of the Ready To Build kits are on my New Years resolution list. You'll be hearing from me soon after Christmas.

S.

Royatl 12-12-2010 09:18 PM

I'm still here and listening. I'm just buried in unbuilt kits and a pile of parts.

Carl@Semroc 12-12-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
....The bad news is my spare time is cut to next to nothing.

Your bad news is indeed good news!

Thanks for the feedback.

SEL 12-12-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
Your bad news is indeed good news!

Thanks for the feedback.


Yeah, and it's not a bad place to work either. If you've seen the latest Boeing commercial on TV, you've seen the UAV's we make.

S.

John Brohm 12-12-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
...

If you are still active on the SVDT forum, please post here in the next few days so we can clean up the active members list.


Hi Carl;

Is there any other action that needs to be taken to finalize the SAM membership, or are our names transferred automatically?

harsas 12-12-2010 10:15 PM

Carl,

I am also not overly vocal, but I am here daily to see what is going on.

Harold Sasloe

Tau Zero 12-12-2010 10:18 PM

Jay weighs in...
 
So, are you telling me that,

"SAM, I am?" :eek: ;) :D


And a SAM discount is 10%, in contrast to the SVDT 20%? (Unless I re-up my NAR membership, which makes the total SAM/NAR discount 20%?)


As always, I just need a little additional clarification. :rolleyes:


Thanks and cheers,
.

Carl@Semroc 12-12-2010 10:45 PM

You do have to log in to your account and check the SAM enrollment box.

I think I set all SVDT members as a free first year, regardless of whether $100 was made in purchases.

The discount is the same as the original intent of 10% for NAR and 10% for SVDT since most SVDT were also NAR members we set it at 20% to cover both.

Tau Zero 12-12-2010 11:02 PM

Checking the box...
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
You do have to log in to your account and check the SAM enrollment box.

I think I set all SVDT members as a free first year, regardless of whether $100 was made in purchases.
(chuckling) I think I set my personal record of more than $300 this year. ;) :D

Thanks, as always!


Cheers,
.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.