Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Fantastic Transroc / Camroc Find (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=19610)

dannymrmissile 06-13-2021 04:31 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
Wow . . .

What an incredible collection . . .

I imagine that your workshop looks like the warehouse from the end of "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" - LOL !

How long have you been collecting for ?

Do you have a list of all the kits you currently have ?

Dave F.

No, I’ve never had a list. Too many. Plus I’m always buying, selling, trading. I have hundreds of vintage K kits and Centuri. Not to mention the parts, catalogs, launchers etc. there’s not room to post them all, tho I can add some if you wish. Love to show, I hate to Show Off……
Oh, I’ve been collecting for 54 years. Still have items from when I started in 1967.
Oh, what the heck,
Here’s a Few……

ghrocketman 06-13-2021 09:00 AM

Great pics, Danny !
I see you have two really rare ones that I also have; the Green "Skill Level" Astron Nighthawk kit that was only produced ONE year and the rare mini-brute TK-44 Midget which is a reduced-size version of the Astron Midget it replaced.

Do you have any Boxed or Bagged Enerjet kits from their 1972 Catalog ?
Especially the Athena ?
How about a Centuri Hustler, Lil' Hustler, or Aero Dart kits ?

dannymrmissile 06-13-2021 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Great pics, Danny !
I see you have two really rare ones that I also have; the Green "Skill Level" Astron Nighthawk kit that was only produced ONE year and the rare mini-brute TK-44 Midget which is a reduced-size version of the Astron Midget it replaced.

Do you have any Boxed or Bagged Enerjet kits from their 1972 Catalog ?
Especially the Athena ?
How about a Centuri Hustler, Lil' Hustler, or Aero Dart kits ?

Yeah, those are hard to come by. I guess my rarest is my 1961 Scout that has been verified to be a transitional kit from the original Tubed one, to a bag, ( it’s in pic 6 in the plastic box of kits). It was dated to August of 1961, just after they stopped using the red tubes. Also the K-19 Invader, made only 2 years, only in the ‘66 catalog.
Once I did have the full Enerjet kit line including the Athena. Most were in boxes with plastic over them in an "exploded" mode. That was over 20 years ago. Didn’t think I’d miss them until you mentioned them just now,,,, grrr. They come and go. I just compile what I can dig up….. but niw, wisely hang onto them !
I also had the rare Green Skill Level Gemini Titan made only one year….

ghrocketman 06-13-2021 09:31 AM

I'm always looking for a Green Skill Level K-21 Gemini Titan.
One of few kits I would trade my Green Skill Level Nighthawk for.
The others are a Boxed Enerjet Athena, mint Centuri Hustler, Enerjet 2250 or 2650.

dannymrmissile 06-13-2021 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
The others are a Boxed Enerjet Athena, mint Centuri Hustler, Enerjet 2250 or 2650.

It’s kinda strange hearing about the nighthawk . It’s not that rare. I’ve had many of them. People are just hoarding them,,,and everything else. I’d trade mine in a heartbeat for the right kit, like a Centuri Astrobee, Arcon Tomahawk.
Funny, my Very First Centuri kit was a then All New Hustler ! It came in the old Centuri box with 3 F engines . I got them at Orange Blossom Hobbies in FL when I visited there. I Still have their catalog. The engines were the old English version ones,,,,,
Actually, I got a letter Friday from a friend who sent me this pic of some of his kits….Note,,, nighthawk,,,,,,

ghrocketman 06-13-2021 12:14 PM

The Nighthawk was only made one year in that packaging, just like the K-21 Gemini Titan.
I addition to mine, the other two in this thread are the only others I have seen.
Estes made a ton of them in the old packaging. I have one in the old package and paid less than $50 for it about 8 years ago. That one is not rare.

Ez2cDave 06-13-2021 04:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I wish it was mine . . .

Dave F.

Ez2cDave 06-13-2021 04:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Enerjet 2250 or 2650.

Were the 2250 & 2650 ever sold as kits ?

I have only seen the Gary Rosenfield, Composite Dynamics plans . . .

Dave F.

Ez2cDave 06-13-2021 04:11 PM

10 Attachment(s)
I did have THIS, as a kid ( converted it to fly ) . . . Wish I still had it - SMH !

The Estes K-36NF . . .

Dave F.

Ez2cDave 06-13-2021 04:13 PM

6 Attachment(s)
More info . . .

Dave F.