Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Plans & Publications (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   CMR Pirate (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=64)

tbzep 05-11-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
Here's a TIP . . .

Paint your Booster a Light Blue ( Very difficult to see coming down ) . . . Build extra's, in case you can't find it. later .

Also, hollering "WOW ( or a suitable "expletive" ), look at that !" and pointing wildly at the sky tends to "distract" the RSO - LOL !

Dave F.

:chuckle: :D

BEC 05-11-2020 11:09 AM

I had to be amused at that, too.

I will say that to his credit the RSO who DQ'd that flight has some suggestions to help my second flight not get DQ'd while using the same model design. (He happened to be the CD for NARAM-61) It also helped that he wasn't the RSO for my second flight in that event that day.... :eek:

SEL 05-26-2020 10:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So: I've acquired the parts I didn't have (turns out, all I had were the tubes) for this build. Thanks to Dan W. for the transition and others who offered to help. While I'm waiting for the parts to arrive, I twiddled around in Open Rocket to try and figure out tube lengths, fin patterns etc. (Still looking for Instructions and fin tracings if anyone has them). This is what I came up with below. I'll tweak it as needed when I have all the parts. (I also ordered a digital Scale to use for this build)

Ez2cDave 05-26-2020 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
So: I've acquired the parts I didn't have (turns out, all I had were the tubes) for this build. Thanks to Dan W. for the transition and others who offered to help. While I'm waiting for the parts to arrive, I twiddled around in Open Rocket to try and figure out tube lengths, fin patterns etc. (Still looking for Instructions and fin tracings if anyone has them). This is what I came up with below. I'll tweek it as needed when I have all the parts.

Looking Good !

Green Dragon 10-07-2020 01:04 PM

the big question is - did you ever find the plans ?

I have a builtup one I could measure / trace if need be.

( and good to see you still here n kicking Sean, I'm trying to make up for lost time in the drk zone )

AL

SEL 10-07-2020 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon

( and good to see you still here n kicking Sean, I'm trying to make up for lost time in the drk zone )

AL

Hey Al - good to see you back as well!!

No, still don’t have the plans. If you could measure the
Tubes and trace the fins, that would be great!!

Thanks,

Sean

shuyge 10-08-2020 01:06 PM

3 versions?

1 Attachment(s)
All this talk about the Pirate got me thinking that I actually own one of these kits.

Yep. I found it.

It looks to me like this is yet another version based on the fact that my kit has elliptical fins...

Green Dragon 10-08-2020 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My builtup one has the eliptical fins as well, and I believe mine are 1/64 ply, have to check

Thought I had a photo - but only one on ths computer is below, not much to be seen, the Sandpiper is there behing the galactic taxi, blue booster,red tube,white unpainted cone.

( and I bet SEL can name a few of these birds in the picture ;) )

AL

shuyge 10-08-2020 04:48 PM

Ooh. I like this game..

Goblin
Vigilante
Laser-X
Maxi-Icarus
Skybolt
Sizzler
Solar Sailor
Hornet
Photon Disrupter
Galactic taxi
3 sets of fins that look like a farside..
Nike Smoke
Rattler 7

snaquin 10-08-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon

AL
Hey Al, I hope you are doing well buddy :)
I still have some AAA stuff that you emailed to me probably a decade ago :eek: