Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Fantastic Transroc / Camroc Find (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=19610)

dannymrmissile 06-07-2021 02:22 AM

Fantastic Transroc / Camroc Find
 
5 Attachment(s)
I recently turned up a boxful from the 60-70s. The deeper I dug, the better it got.
Not to mention sealed kits like a Farside X, Alpha III , Centuri Tomahawk to name a few, were these incredible Transrocs and accessories. There were 2 Transrocs, 2 Microphone and one Spin Rate Accessories.I already traded the built Transroc, but kept the rest. There were 2 sealed Camrocs and one Built one. The box contained stuff Iíve never seen. I will entertain trade offers. Still, just fun to share in great finds....

ghrocketman 06-07-2021 09:19 AM

WOWWWW !
That's quite a find.
Did you just forget about this box over the years ?

dannymrmissile 06-07-2021 12:34 PM

X
 
I think I found the old woman who lived in a shoe......

Ez2cDave 06-08-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymrmissile
I will entertain trade offers. Still, just fun to share in great finds....


I'm interested in that Ranger kit . . .

Dave F.

dannymrmissile 06-08-2021 09:34 PM

Me too,,, still...what cha got ?

PaulK 06-12-2021 06:39 AM

Nice find Danny! Those Camrocs look like they just came off the assembly line ready to hang up on a hobby shop's pegboard.

dannymrmissile 06-12-2021 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK
Nice find Danny! Those Camrocs look like they just came off the assembly line ready to hang up on a hobby shop's pegboard.

They spent some 45 years in a box. The felt inside is all messy like they do,, which is common,,, but still makes ya kinda mad. Still, thatís usually the case with themÖ.Like melted tar, etc.

Ez2cDave 06-12-2021 09:36 AM

What do you want for the Ranger kit ?

Dave F.

dannymrmissile 06-12-2021 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
What do you want for the Ranger kit ?

Dave F.

I havenít considered letting it go,,, itís a Very Long awaited kit. But I do have the yellow Damon Hangtag one. It has Green gradient instructions. Still a K kit. Only interested in trade offers. Again I need Centuri Tomahawk, Arcon Astrobee/Aerobee 350ÖÖ
Do you want only the one in pic, or Any Ranger ? Hereís a picÖÖ
Please understand, I either have or have had every old kit made many times over. The Centuri kits are the only kits Iím currently seeking

Ez2cDave 06-12-2021 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymrmissile
I havenít considered letting it go,,, itís a Very Long awaited kit. But I do have the yellow Damon Hangtag one. It has Green gradient instructions. Still a K kit. Only interested in trade offers. Again I need Centuri Tomahawk, Arcon Astrobee/Aerobee 350ÖÖ
Do you want only the one in pic, or Any Ranger ? Hereís a picÖÖ
Please understand, I either have or have had every old kit made many times over. The Centuri kits are the only kits Iím currently seeking


Wow . . .

What an incredible collection . . .

I imagine that your workshop looks like the warehouse from the end of "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" - LOL !

How long have you been collecting for ?

Do you have a list of all the kits you currently have ?

Dave F.

dannymrmissile 06-13-2021 04:31 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
Wow . . .

What an incredible collection . . .

I imagine that your workshop looks like the warehouse from the end of "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" - LOL !

How long have you been collecting for ?

Do you have a list of all the kits you currently have ?

Dave F.

No, Iíve never had a list. Too many. Plus Iím always buying, selling, trading. I have hundreds of vintage K kits and Centuri. Not to mention the parts, catalogs, launchers etc. thereís not room to post them all, tho I can add some if you wish. Love to show, I hate to Show OffÖÖ
Oh, Iíve been collecting for 54 years. Still have items from when I started in 1967.
Oh, what the heck,
Hereís a FewÖÖ

ghrocketman 06-13-2021 09:00 AM

Great pics, Danny !
I see you have two really rare ones that I also have; the Green "Skill Level" Astron Nighthawk kit that was only produced ONE year and the rare mini-brute TK-44 Midget which is a reduced-size version of the Astron Midget it replaced.

Do you have any Boxed or Bagged Enerjet kits from their 1972 Catalog ?
Especially the Athena ?
How about a Centuri Hustler, Lil' Hustler, or Aero Dart kits ?

dannymrmissile 06-13-2021 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Great pics, Danny !
I see you have two really rare ones that I also have; the Green "Skill Level" Astron Nighthawk kit that was only produced ONE year and the rare mini-brute TK-44 Midget which is a reduced-size version of the Astron Midget it replaced.

Do you have any Boxed or Bagged Enerjet kits from their 1972 Catalog ?
Especially the Athena ?
How about a Centuri Hustler, Lil' Hustler, or Aero Dart kits ?

Yeah, those are hard to come by. I guess my rarest is my 1961 Scout that has been verified to be a transitional kit from the original Tubed one, to a bag, ( itís in pic 6 in the plastic box of kits). It was dated to August of 1961, just after they stopped using the red tubes. Also the K-19 Invader, made only 2 years, only in the Ď66 catalog.
Once I did have the full Enerjet kit line including the Athena. Most were in boxes with plastic over them in an "exploded" mode. That was over 20 years ago. Didnít think Iíd miss them until you mentioned them just now,,,, grrr. They come and go. I just compile what I can dig upÖ.. but niw, wisely hang onto them !
I also had the rare Green Skill Level Gemini Titan made only one yearÖ.

ghrocketman 06-13-2021 09:31 AM

I'm always looking for a Green Skill Level K-21 Gemini Titan.
One of few kits I would trade my Green Skill Level Nighthawk for.
The others are a Boxed Enerjet Athena, mint Centuri Hustler, Enerjet 2250 or 2650.

dannymrmissile 06-13-2021 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I'm always looking for a Green Skill Level K-21 Gemini Titan.
One of few kits I would trade my Green Skill Level Nighthawk for.
The others are a Boxed Enerjet Athena, mint Centuri Hustler, Enerjet 2250 or 2650.


Itís kinda strange hearing about the nighthawk . Itís not that rare. Iíve had many of them. People are just hoarding them,,,and everything else. Iíd trade mine in a heartbeat for the right kit, like a Centuri Astrobee, Arcon Tomahawk.
Funny, my Very First Centuri kit was a then All New Hustler ! It came in the old Centuri box with 3 F engines . I got them at Orange Blossom Hobbies in FL when I visited there. I Still have their catalog. The engines were the old English version ones,,,,,
Actually, I got a letter Friday from a friend who sent me this pic of some of his kitsÖ.Note,,, nighthawk,,,,,,

ghrocketman 06-13-2021 12:14 PM

The Nighthawk was only made one year in that packaging, just like the K-21 Gemini Titan.
I addition to mine, the other two in this thread are the only others I have seen.
Estes made a ton of them in the old packaging. I have one in the old package and paid less than $50 for it about 8 years ago. That one is not rare.

Ez2cDave 06-13-2021 04:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I'm always looking for a Green Skill Level K-21 Gemini Titan.
One of few kits I would trade my Green Skill Level Nighthawk for.
The others are a Boxed Enerjet Athena, mint Centuri Hustler, Enerjet 2250 or 2650.


I wish it was mine . . .

Dave F.

Ez2cDave 06-13-2021 04:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Enerjet 2250 or 2650.


Were the 2250 & 2650 ever sold as kits ?

I have only seen the Gary Rosenfield, Composite Dynamics plans . . .

Dave F.

Ez2cDave 06-13-2021 04:11 PM

10 Attachment(s)
I did have THIS, as a kid ( converted it to fly ) . . . Wish I still had it - SMH !

The Estes K-36NF . . .

Dave F.

Ez2cDave 06-13-2021 04:13 PM

6 Attachment(s)
More info . . .

Dave F.

Ez2cDave 06-13-2021 04:15 PM

8 Attachment(s)
If I only knew THEN, what I know NOW !

Dave F.

Earl 06-13-2021 04:26 PM

Might as well go ahead and post the link to my thread on that kit. The only known existing non-flying K36 kit example left.

Link: https://forums.rocketshoppe.com/sho...n-flying+Saturn

Earl

PaulK 06-19-2021 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymrmissile
No, Iíve never had a list. Too many. Plus Iím always buying, selling, trading. I have hundreds of vintage K kits and Centuri. Not to mention the parts, catalogs, launchers etc. thereís not room to post them all, tho I can add some if you wish. Love to show, I hate to Show OffÖÖ
Oh, Iíve been collecting for 54 years. Still have items from when I started in 1967.
Oh, what the heck,
Hereís a FewÖÖ
Great to see bits of your collection, Danny.

ghrocketman 06-19-2021 08:39 PM

The 2250 was sold for sure, instructions were produced for it also.
Not sure about the 2650.
I believe Gary's drawings were based upon recollection of the originals, but not positive of that.

Initiator001 06-19-2021 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
The 2250 was sold for sure, instructions were produced for it also.
Not sure about the 2650.
I believe Gary's drawings were based upon recollection of the originals, but not positive of that.


Gary had either a 2250 or 2650 kit.

The parts were just loose in a cardboard shipping box when I looked at it.

I suspect it was lost in the AeroTech fire of the early 2000s. :(

ghrocketman 06-20-2021 12:24 PM

I have seen a 2250 kit before. It was back sometime in the 90's I think.
Have seen both 1340s as well, but never a 2650.

Not sure Centuri/Enerjet would have worked up production instructions for something they didn't sell.

blackshire 07-04-2021 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymrmissile
I recently turned up a boxful from the 60-70s. The deeper I dug, the better it got.
Not to mention sealed kits like a Farside X, Alpha III , Centuri Tomahawk to name a few, were these incredible Transrocs and accessories. There were 2 Transrocs, 2 Microphone and one Spin Rate Accessories.I already traded the built Transroc, but kept the rest. There were 2 sealed Camrocs and one Built one. The box contained stuff Iíve never seen. I will entertain trade offers. Still, just fun to share in great finds....
What's the kit in the clear plastic bag (in Posting #1, in the fifth picture), with the crystal earphone (the kind often found in crystal radio kits)? It has too many--and different--parts (lots of disc capacitors) than what are used in crystal radio kits.

dannymrmissile 07-04-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
What's the kit in the clear plastic bag (in Posting #1, in the fifth picture), with the crystal earphone (the kind often found in crystal radio kits)? It has too many--and different--parts (lots of disc capacitors) than what are used in crystal radio kits.

It is one of the Microphone Accessories. Thereís 2. One was opened. This is a sealed bag of the contents. Itís an earphone. I thought it was an old Hearing Aid. But itís for use in the field when an external speaker isnít being used. First one I ever saw. Very rare.

blackshire 07-04-2021 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymrmissile
It is one of the Microphone Accessories. Thereís 2. One was opened. This is a sealed bag of the contents. Itís an earphone. I thought it was an old Hearing Aid. But itís for use in the field when an external speaker isnít being used. First one I ever saw. Very rare.
I imagine so. Thank you--yes, those crystal earphones can be used "in reverse" as microphones (just as speakers serve as microphones in some speaker phones). I'd prefer an electret condenser microphone for better audio quality, but those crystal earphones are much cheaper. If the schematics of those accessories aren't already online (the basic transmitter's schematic already is), they should be; all of those units are easy to make at home.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.