Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Fantastic Transroc / Camroc Find (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=19610)

Ez2cDave 06-13-2021 04:15 PM

8 Attachment(s)
If I only knew THEN, what I know NOW !

Dave F.

Earl 06-13-2021 04:26 PM

Might as well go ahead and post the link to my thread on that kit. The only known existing non-flying K36 kit example left.

Link: https://forums.rocketshoppe.com/sho...n-flying+Saturn

Earl

PaulK 06-19-2021 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymrmissile
No, I’ve never had a list. Too many. Plus I’m always buying, selling, trading. I have hundreds of vintage K kits and Centuri. Not to mention the parts, catalogs, launchers etc. there’s not room to post them all, tho I can add some if you wish. Love to show, I hate to Show Off……
Oh, I’ve been collecting for 54 years. Still have items from when I started in 1967.
Oh, what the heck,
Here’s a Few……
Great to see bits of your collection, Danny.

ghrocketman 06-19-2021 08:39 PM

The 2250 was sold for sure, instructions were produced for it also.
Not sure about the 2650.
I believe Gary's drawings were based upon recollection of the originals, but not positive of that.

Initiator001 06-19-2021 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
The 2250 was sold for sure, instructions were produced for it also.
Not sure about the 2650.
I believe Gary's drawings were based upon recollection of the originals, but not positive of that.

Gary had either a 2250 or 2650 kit.

The parts were just loose in a cardboard shipping box when I looked at it.

I suspect it was lost in the AeroTech fire of the early 2000s. :(

ghrocketman 06-20-2021 12:24 PM

I have seen a 2250 kit before. It was back sometime in the 90's I think.
Have seen both 1340s as well, but never a 2650.

Not sure Centuri/Enerjet would have worked up production instructions for something they didn't sell.

blackshire 07-04-2021 05:34 AM

Quote:
I recently turned up a boxful from the 60-70s. The deeper I dug, the better it got.
Not to mention sealed kits like a Farside X, Alpha III , Centuri Tomahawk to name a few, were these incredible Transrocs and accessories. There were 2 Transrocs, 2 Microphone and one Spin Rate Accessories.I already traded the built Transroc, but kept the rest. There were 2 sealed Camrocs and one Built one. The box contained stuff I’ve never seen. I will entertain trade offers. Still, just fun to share in great finds....
What's the kit in the clear plastic bag (in Posting #1, in the fifth picture), with the crystal earphone (the kind often found in crystal radio kits)? It has too many--and different--parts (lots of disc capacitors) than what are used in crystal radio kits.

dannymrmissile 07-04-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
What's the kit in the clear plastic bag (in Posting #1, in the fifth picture), with the crystal earphone (the kind often found in crystal radio kits)? It has too many--and different--parts (lots of disc capacitors) than what are used in crystal radio kits.

It is one of the Microphone Accessories. There’s 2. One was opened. This is a sealed bag of the contents. It’s an earphone. I thought it was an old Hearing Aid. But it’s for use in the field when an external speaker isn’t being used. First one I ever saw. Very rare.

blackshire 07-04-2021 09:45 AM

Quote:
It is one of the Microphone Accessories. There’s 2. One was opened. This is a sealed bag of the contents. It’s an earphone. I thought it was an old Hearing Aid. But it’s for use in the field when an external speaker isn’t being used. First one I ever saw. Very rare.
I imagine so. Thank you--yes, those crystal earphones can be used "in reverse" as microphones (just as speakers serve as microphones in some speaker phones). I'd prefer an electret condenser microphone for better audio quality, but those crystal earphones are much cheaper. If the schematics of those accessories aren't already online (the basic transmitter's schematic already is), they should be; all of those units are easy to make at home.