Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Designer's Studio (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   12 Days of Christmas 2009 (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=6306)

James Pierson 12-17-2009 08:22 PM

12 Days Before Christmas 2009

4 Attachment(s)
This next design, the Jupiter Express, is another one of my attempts to get away from the straight body tube and add lots of stuff. There is a catch 22 1/2 though, as the more I add the more the performance suffers with all that added wieght :eek: . Cool name anyways and a pay-loader as well :D.

4th Annual

8 Days Before Christmas

Enjoy and Merry Christmas to ALL, JP.

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

CPMcGraw 12-17-2009 11:47 PM

JUPITER EXPRESS

You haven't actually built this one yet, right?

It will be really interesting to see if those four tube fins provide the necessary stability for this bird. I'm just a little skeptical of a 1.21 margin, especially with the C6-5, using only those four tubes. It's not you I'm doubting, of course... :D :rolleyes:

This one begs to be tried! I might have to break down and order some contraband... :cool:

James Pierson 12-18-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
JUPITER EXPRESS

You haven't actually built this one yet, right?

It will be really interesting to see if those four tube fins provide the necessary stability for this bird. I'm just a little skeptical of a 1.21 margin, especially with the C6-5, using only those four tubes. It's not you I'm doubting, of course... :D :rolleyes:

This one begs to be tried! I might have to break down and order some contraband... :cool:

Thanks Craig, I am glad I have sparked your interest.
Carl, the well known and infamous "Balsa Peddeler" of Semroc, whom we both know well, should be able to get you your 'FIX" if you feel the sudden compulsion to built the Jupiter Express :chuckle: . That is what is so fun about designing with Rocksim Craig, maybe it will fly :confused: and maybe not ?? You are most likely right and I should add some fins onto the tube fins for some added assurance.

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

James Pierson 12-18-2009 10:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
With this next dark and mysterious design called the Leviathan I decided to go "pod crazy". Also, I have always liked the BNC-5BA ramjet cone and have always thought that it needed a companion aft nozzle as a partner so I simulated one for your viewing pleasure :D .

4th Annual

7 Days Before Christmas

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

James Pierson 12-19-2009 01:27 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This next design I am calling the Scram Jett II for the lack of a more creative name, uses the BC-715CN cone and nozzle set which are on my list to order from Semroc.

BTW since I have been so busy latey, who came up the the BC-721CN cone and nozzle set listed at Semroc??? Very very Cool: "Atta Boy" who ever ya are!

BC-721CN
http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts...?idproduct=2147

4th Annual

6 Days Before Christmas

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

James Pierson 12-20-2009 02:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This next design, Star Sabre, is another one of my "Star Wars" inspired designs. Very difficult to get a healthy margin on this one those forward fins according to Rocksim. Another one of my designs based on looks and not performance and should prove to look cool :cool: in flight or on the ground.

4th Annual

5 Days Before Christmas

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

James Pierson 12-21-2009 08:41 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here we have a design the seems to only fly on the A3T-4 with acceptable Dv's. Called this one
Strange Magic which makes me want to put on some Bell Bottoms and wear some funky gold chians :chuckle: . Just Kidding, or not :cool: .

4th Annual

5 Days Before Christmas

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

CPMcGraw 12-21-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Pierson
...Strange Magic...

"...And I can't get it out of my head..." :D

Another "Schoolyard Sounder" size model! Yeaaa!

Mark II 12-21-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:
With this next dark and mysterious design called the Leviathan I decided to go "pod crazy". Also, I have always liked the BNC-5BA ramjet cone and have always thought that it needed a companion aft nozzle as a partner so I simulated one for your viewing pleasure :D .

4th Annual

7 Days Before Christmas

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

Cost of non-balsa parts: $2.95
Cost of balsa parts: $24.95
Building the pod-racer to end all pod-racers: Priceless. :D

MarkII

Mark II 12-21-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:
This next design, Star Sabre, is another one of my "Star Wars" inspired designs. Very difficult to get a healthy margin on this one those forward fins according to Rocksim. Another one of my designs based on looks and not performance and should prove to look cool :cool: in flight or on the ground.

4th Annual

5 Days Before Christmas

James Pierson
NAR# 77907
Am I the only one thinking, "two-stage conversion?"

MarkII