Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   SVDT - Semroc Virtual Design Team (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Potential SLS kits? (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=1408)

foose4string 01-21-2007 05:08 PM

Potential SLS kits?

I'm starting this thread for people to make suggestions for what kit they'd like to see return as a Semroc SLS. I'll start off...

SLS Orbital Transport. This has been a very popular upscale over the years. Getting nosecones that are "just right" can be difficult to find. Carl made some very nice upscale cones(that weren't on the list) for my OT project @168%, and it got me thinking about Semroc potentially making this a kit to be included in the SLS lineup. Having the lazer cut parts would be VERY nice, but not necessary if a cost needed to be cut somewhere, heck, the original didn't have that luxery. A 3x18mm cluster or 1X24mm option, decals...the whole shabang. Production cost would be a big issue with it(I'm assuming), because of the amount of lumber, tubes, and decals, but if it can be done, I think it would be a good seller.

Carl@Semroc 01-21-2007 09:46 PM

This will probably be reality in the near future.

Ltvscout 01-21-2007 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
This will probably be reality in the near future.

Here's my request for the reserve list on an SLS-OT! :D

A Fish Named Wallyum 01-21-2007 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Here's my request for the reserve list on an SLS-OT! :D

Me too, but make mine a builder. :D

Carl@Semroc 01-21-2007 10:47 PM

I should have said "but not by us!"

ghrocketman 01-21-2007 10:57 PM

The OT is a GREAT idea for a SLS kit.
I would sign up to be on the reserve list as soon as it is announced !

A Fish Named Wallyum 01-21-2007 11:10 PM

Quote:

Now cut that out! ;)

foose4string 01-21-2007 11:32 PM

Quote:

Hmmmm :confused: serious?

So you already had the idea, inquired, but found out it was already going to be done?

There might be a few others that could or would do it, but the only one that could do it RIGHT would be Semroc !

Eagle3 01-22-2007 07:47 AM

I hope when Carl gets to the larger engines he considers releasing the SLS Long Tom. Currently I'll have to fly it with electronics due to the engines available. It's a ****ed impressive looking two stager though!

Bill and I have both built SLS Vector-V's and that would be a nice candidate as well.

I have a 250% Scram-jet upscale that flies nice on F's, but Carl has mentioned he'd like to stick with 175% for SLS kits (since he already has the tubes needed for most SLS conversions). I wouldn't mind making another Scram-jet upscale though. :D

The Astron Beta was mentioned in the thread for other retro-repros, but I've seen an upscale Beta and it makes a really nice conversion.

I've built BT-60 Screamers and Mosquitoes and they're really nice fliers.

I'm working on a BT-60 Gyroc if anyone is interested in that. I've seen one fly before and it was pretty cool.

Ltvscout 01-22-2007 08:01 AM

Quote:

Hmmm, then I would have to guess it will be coming from Hawks Hobby.