Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Leo's Finished Rocket Build Thread (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=3987)

Leo 10-05-2008 05:39 AM

Leo's Finished Rocket Build Thread

Having been motivated by many fellow rocketeer's here (especially by scigs30) I have committed myself to finally start finishing my rockets that I started oh so many years ago and finish them once and for all.

I'll be updating this thread with every completed rocket.

So to start here my finished Estes Helio-Copter that I started back in the late 80's. It is the first issue:

Next up my Estes Defender having sat nakid since early 90's or so:

Keep watching this space for future developments ...

Leo 10-05-2008 08:36 AM

An hour ago I applied the decals on my Alpha III. This rocket was built in the 80's. However I goofed on the decals because I applied them too early not waiting long enough for the paint to dry. At some point I removed the body tube and built and painted a new one. This was some time ago.
Well, today I finally applied the decals :)

Stay tuned ...

Rocket Doctor 10-05-2008 08:57 AM

Great looking rockets Leo and great photos................

dwmzmm 10-05-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
Great looking rockets Leo and great photos................

Maybe Estes should hire Leo?! :eek:

Rocket Doctor 10-05-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
Maybe Estes should hire Leo?! :eek:

I'll put the good word in for Leo..............

Race58 10-05-2008 07:23 PM

Very nice rockets Leo,, How do you get way up there to take the pictures? :D

dwmzmm 10-05-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race58
Very nice rockets Leo,, How do you get way up there to take the pictures? :D

Leo knows how to use photoshop very well; I've asked him this question a while back and he
even showed a few "before" and "after" pics of the same models so we could see for ourselves. That's why I suggested to the Rocket Doctor that Estes should hire Leo; he'd really be able to take great model shots for the long awaited catalogs..... :D

Gus 10-05-2008 09:44 PM

Leo,

Congratulations on clothing the naked elderly. ;)

Doesn't it make you feel good about yourself to finally get those projects done?

Last spring I went into a frenzy to finish up all the old projects and got my Constellation, Silver Comet, Eager Beaver, and Nike Ajax all done in a week. :)

Now if I could just get my Soyuz done. :o

Leo 10-06-2008 01:04 AM

Thanks everyone :)

@Dave

Hhhmmm.... that would be a good reason to move to the States ..... :D

@Gus

You're right. It feels real nice. As soon as I get back from my SC vacation I will continue :)

STRMan 10-06-2008 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
Leo knows how to use photoshop very well; I've asked him this question a while back and he
even showed a few "before" and "after" pics of the same models so we could see for ourselves. That's why I suggested to the Rocket Doctor that Estes should hire Leo; he'd really be able to take great model shots for the long awaited catalogs..... :D

If Leo could use Photoshop so well, why even bother painting the rockets in the first place? Why not just "Photoshop" them to have whatever paint job he wanted? ;)