Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Designer's Studio (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   12 Days of Christmas 2009 (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=6306)

Mark II 12-22-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Pierson
Here we have a design the seems to only fly on the A3T-4 with acceptable Dv's. Called this one
Strange Magic which makes me want to put on some Bell Bottoms and wear some funky gold chians :chuckle: . Just Kidding, or not :cool: .
Peace, baby.

Make the upper part clear, and put a mini lava lamp in it! You picked the right color for this design. May I suggest this spray paint, in dark purple?

MarkII

CPMcGraw 12-22-2009 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II
...May I suggest this spray paint, in dark purple?...

Shouldn't that have been "...in Deep Purple..."? :D

Just humming along, keeping with the theme... :p

James Pierson 12-22-2009 09:23 PM

12 Days Before Christmas 2009

4 Attachment(s)
Focus Gentleman, stay focused :chuckle: . I lost focus of what day I was posting with the Strange Magic design :o .

In my vein attempt to stay in focus and on target :rolleyes: , this next design is an spin-off of the Outpost Voyager design from a few years back. I'm calling it the Sunquest Explorer and just started deleting and adding parts until it changed enough to be a different design. I like the look of the aft nozzle transitions on designs but that moves the motor weight aft and really messes with a positive CG.

4th Annual

3 Days Before Christmas

Enjoy and Merry Christmas to ALL, JP.

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

James Pierson 12-23-2009 10:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here another odd ball design called Tweedy Bee that I just had to design now that we can put fin on fins in Rocksim 9. I need to get in some more practice with this feature in the future if when time allows ;) .

4th Annual

2 Days Before Christmas

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

James Pierson 12-24-2009 03:41 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Alas, and here we be on the last Day Before Christmas with another Schoolyard Sounder design that I have named "Warp Drone". I have been blessed this year and thank you all once again for supporting me in my rocketry addiction ;) . I wish you all the best this Christmas Season and in the coming year.
Definitely once again time to place that Semroc order and start my winter builds :) .

4th Annual

1 Days Before Christmas

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

pantherjon 12-25-2009 09:43 AM

All very cool designs! Have downloaded all the files and will be playing with them..Some have great upscale potentials!:)

Now to make a parts list and place an order to SEMROC!:chuckle:

Thanks JP, and Merry Christmas to you and yours! :D

garmtn 12-26-2009 02:43 PM

Saturn V

hI, Guess I'm getting ambitious in my old age by helping an elementary school introduce "space exploration" in their reading project. Going a demo launch of my Saturn V, in front of 400+ kids!! Wish me luck! It will b Jan 15, Sandshore Elementary, Budd Lake, NJ. Glenn Nar 89197 :rolleyes:

N1YDP 06-20-2020 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Pierson
I am out of practice lately with the pod feature in Rocksim 9. I had to refresh my "rusty bucket" a few times on the parts as well :eek: .
Next design up is the Checkmate with an interesting fin pattern using 1/8" dowels on the root edge for fin placement .

4th Annual

11 Days Before Christmas

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

how do i download the file

Tau Zero 06-20-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1YDP
how do i download the file
On a PC, hover over the link, right-click, and "Save As."