Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Wanted: Dead or Alive! (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Centuri Powr Pad controller case (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17947)

lndshrkut 06-02-2019 09:29 PM

Centuri Powr Pad controller case
 
Hi guys,

First post and a long shot.

I recently bought a(n almost) complete Centuri Eagle Power kit.

As luck would have it, I have two BACK's of the controller and no FRONT's.

(Yes, TWO blue plastic BACK controller halves without the button and lamp holes)

I guess theoretically there is a "spare" front floating out there and I'd love to find it.

Thanks,

Jim Conforti

Earl 06-03-2019 12:52 PM

Well, welcome to the forum! You can find a great deal of useful information here and many members carry decades of rocketry experience under their belts.

I started my formal rocketry hobby with that same Centuri Power Pad. If you aren't already, you might want to monitor eBay for your requested part. These pads, in various states of used condition, can sometimes be had relatively cheap. Some are in pretty sad shape, so they are not good for collecting, but for needed spare parts these listings are great.

Again, welcome to the forum and good luck on your search.

Earl

lndshrkut 06-05-2019 01:55 AM

Earl,

That's where I got the kit with "two back halves". Not sure if I'm making sense.

The EBay seller was not a "rocket person" so sold me the Eagle Power kit in good faith

I'll keep an eye out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Well, welcome to the forum! You can find a great deal of useful information here and many members carry decades of rocketry experience under their belts.

I started my formal rocketry hobby with that same Centuri Power Pad. If you aren't already, you might want to monitor eBay for your requested part. These pads, in various states of used condition, can sometimes be had relatively cheap. Some are in pretty sad shape, so they are not good for collecting, but for needed spare parts these listings are great.

Again, welcome to the forum and good luck on your search.

Earl

Earl 06-05-2019 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndshrkut
Earl,

That's where I got the kit with "two back halves". Not sure if I'm making sense.

The EBay seller was not a "rocket person" so sold me the Eagle Power kit in good faith

I'll keep an eye out.


Your original post was clear and I understood what you were looking for. I kinda figured too you probably got the set off ebay, but was not certain.

I was simply suggesting that these pads do show up on ebay (which you probably already knew) on some regular basis, and while some are not in the best of condition, you might just find one pretty cheap to get that 'top' part of the controller you need.

In any event, good luck on the hunt. And maybe someone here just might have that part themselves to share.

Earl

lndshrkut 06-10-2019 04:04 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. I have 2 powr pads... one in "meh" condition with a controller amd one in "new as they get" (10) condition but with doubles of one side of the controller. Which makes "negative sense" but it is what it is.

Hoping I find another new set on EBay or I'm going to be having a plastic mold made. Which becomes a bit over the top just for a nice display


Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Your original post was clear and I understood what you were looking for. I kinda figured too you probably got the set off ebay, but was not certain.

I was simply suggesting that these pads do show up on ebay (which you probably already knew) on some regular basis, and while some are not in the best of condition, you might just find one pretty cheap to get that 'top' part of the controller you need.

In any event, good luck on the hunt. And maybe someone here just might have that part themselves to share.

Earl


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.