Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Plans & Publications (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   CMR Humpty Dumpty Egglofter (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=3913)

shockwaveriderz 09-19-2008 07:09 PM

CMR Humpty Dumpty Egglofter
 
Anbody have the plans or a catalog image or other of this kit?

terry dean

snaquin 09-19-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaveriderz
Anbody have the plans or a catalog image or other of this kit?

terry dean


Here's the catalog image

http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/rock...87/87cmr17.html

.

SEL 09-19-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaveriderz
Anbody have the plans or a catalog image or other of this kit?

terry dean


I have the plans (and a half built kit). Thought I sent them to Scott.......
Probably one of those 'good intentions' :o Let me see if I can dig them up.

Sean

Bob Kaplow 09-19-2008 10:09 PM

And I still have mine. Built many years ago, don't know if I ever flew it.

The design is too short and tended to wiggle in flight from what I remember. The tapered egglofters that are common now have much longer boattails.

Ltvscout 09-20-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
I have the plans (and a half built kit). Thought I sent them to Scott.......
Probably one of those 'good intentions' :o Let me see if I can dig them up.

I don't believe I have those. I don't know if it was coincidence or not but Larry Broadbent just sent me a bunch of CMR plans last night. I now have the following CMR plans from him which will find there way to YORP:

Tachyon
Hyper C2
ELO C3
Rapier C5
Chameleon C12
4-Fin Jig

shockwaveriderz 09-20-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
I have the plans (and a half built kit). Thought I sent them to Scott.......
Probably one of those 'good intentions' :o Let me see if I can dig them up.

Sean


sean:

would be much appreciated!

terry dean

barone 09-21-2008 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
I don't believe I have those. I don't know if it was coincidence or not but Larry Broadbent just sent me a bunch of CMR plans last night. I now have the following CMR plans from him which will find there way to YORP:

Tachyon
Hyper C2
ELO C3
Rapier C5
Chameleon C12
4-Fin Jig

Ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh :D

Green Dragon 09-25-2008 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
I don't believe I have those. I don't know if it was coincidence or not but Larry Broadbent just sent me a bunch of CMR plans last night. I now have the following CMR plans from him which will find there way to YORP:

Tachyon
Hyper C2
ELO C3
Rapier C5
Chameleon C12
4-Fin Jig



can I say .... AWESOME !

been looking for tehper plans for some time, since my brother had one, might still have some fins for one .
just missed one on Ebay a few weeks back, too .

let us know when up :)

~ AL

SEL 09-25-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaveriderz
sean:

would be much appreciated!

terry dean


I sent a pdf of the plans to Scott about an hour ago ( and I copied you, too, Terry.)

Next up: Motor pics!

S.

Ez2cDave 04-21-2021 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaveriderz
Anbody have the plans or a catalog image or other of this kit?

terry dean


13 years later . . .

The CMR Humpty-Dumpty was a very unusual design. The only time I can ever remember seeing one was at NARAM-19 ( Kansas City - 1977 ).

Dave F.

Ltvscout 04-21-2021 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
I sent a pdf of the plans to Scott about an hour ago ( and I copied you, too, Terry.)

Next up: Motor pics!

S.

Sean,

In 2008 you wrote that you sent me the PDF but I'm not seeing that it ever got posted to YORP which I was still able to update at the time. If you still have a PDF for this kit please re-send it and I'll get it posted in the Plans forum here. Thanks!

SEL 04-21-2021 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Sean,

In 2008 you wrote that you sent me the PDF but I'm not seeing that it ever got posted to YORP which I was still able to update at the time. If you still have a PDF for this kit please re-send it and I'll get it posted in the Plans forum here. Thanks!


Here’s a quasi build thread from a couple years ago. I believe the plans are included: https://oldrocketforum.com/showthre...t=Humpty+dumpty

Joe Wooten 04-21-2021 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaveriderz
Anbody have the plans or a catalog image or other of this kit?

terry dean


I had one back in the day. I think I still have the booster stage. The plans are stashed in a 3 ring binder somewhere. If I don't post anything in a couple of dayd use a gentle reminder like my wife does (1 2X4 upside the head).....

Joe Wooten 04-21-2021 09:42 PM

I did not realize this was a necro thread..... :D

Ltvscout 04-22-2021 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
Here’s a quasi build thread from a couple years ago. I believe the plans are included: https://oldrocketforum.com/showthre...t=Humpty+dumpty

I see that I do have your email from 2018 with the attachment. Since you had already included the plans in the above thread I didn't bother reposting. Thanks for clearing this up, and the plans!

tbzep 04-22-2021 07:39 AM

Speaking of old build threads and the Humpty Dumpty, I use Bondo Spot Putty on plastic nose cones all the time. I have no problems with the solvents. If it's going to have to cover something thick, just do it in several thin applications with ample cure time between them and the shrinking/cracking issue is solved. An advantage to the Bondo is that you get an excellent surface that's ready to prime and paint. However (you knew that was coming), that was a lot of volume to fill, so the lighter HobbyLite filler was a good choice. I would have used whichever I happened to have on hand.

A Fish Named Wallyum 04-22-2021 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Speaking of old build threads and the Humpty Dumpty, I use Bondo Spot Putty on plastic nose cones all the time. I have no problems with the solvents. If it's going to have to cover something thick, just do it in several thin applications with ample cure time between them and the shrinking/cracking issue is solved. An advantage to the Bondo is that you get an excellent surface that's ready to prime and paint. However (you knew that was coming), that was a lot of volume to fill, so the lighter HobbyLite filler was a good choice. I would have used whichever I happened to have on hand.

I hate it when it gets on my hand.

ghrocketman 04-22-2021 09:36 AM

Bondo Spot Putty is one of the best fillers of dents/gouges in plastic.
Squadron green/white/grey putty is good too. Testor's white putty is acceptable, but not quite as good due to it's slower solvent package.
For filling wood, Plastic Wood or vintage/old Pactra Plastic Balsa is better.

Ez2cDave 04-22-2021 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The CMR "Humpty-Dumpty" . . .

Dave F.

tbzep 04-22-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
I hate it when it gets on my hand.

You're supposed to open the tube and sniff it, not squeeze it onto your hand and smear it on yourself like Iggy Pop and a jar of peanut butter. :D

Ez2cDave 04-22-2021 03:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
You're supposed to open the tube and sniff it, not squeeze it onto your hand and smear it on yourself like Iggy Pop and a jar of peanut butter. :D


Who else remembers the days of the "Ambroid Buzz" ?

LOL !

Dave F.

tbzep 04-23-2021 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
Who else remembers the days of the "Ambroid Buzz" ?

LOL !

Dave F.

If someone did it often enough, I'm sure he doesn't remember it, or much of anything else. :chuckle:

Ez2cDave 04-23-2021 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
If someone did it often enough, I'm sure he doesn't remember it, or much of anything else. :chuckle:


VERY true . . . Dead cells don't work !

Dave F.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.