Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Model Rocket History (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Here's something you don't see everyday (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=19068)

shockwaveriderz 12-03-2020 08:37 AM

Here's something you don't see everyday
 
3 Attachment(s)
MRI Delta Mod2

I don't suppose that anybody has any top-secret photos of current MABEL's?

I believe this became the AVI motor making machine, then the FSI motor making machine and finally the Quest motor making machine.

on the other hand maybe the second one is a mod 3 version? ANybody got a better scan or original of the AVI catalog that shows this?

Royatl 12-04-2020 01:42 AM

those look very similar to the machines that Dave Bucher got from the old FSI facility in Raytown.

At the Estes tour a couple of years ago, we were allowed to stand a couple hundred feet away from the open doors of one of the machines, in which we saw nothing, but could hear it clanking and pshhh-ing away. Unless you work for Estes, it is not likely that you would ever see one.

They can be described a bit, and I've always heard from people who know that the MRI/MPC/AVI/FSI/Quest machines were a bit dinky compared to the Estes machines., but that they worked on similar principles. That is, an index table with hydraulic presses and pneumatic drives, gravity and low frequency vibration used to move casings to chucks and powder from hoppers to measurers. Enclosing building set up to direct any unfortunate forces upward instead of outward.

A Fish Named Wallyum 12-04-2020 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
Enclosing building set up to direct any unfortunate forces upward instead of outward.

That's how my bathroom is built. Keeps the airspace above the house remarkably clear. Except for the fog.

jeffyjeep 12-04-2020 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
That's how my bathroom is built. Keeps the airspace above the house remarkably clear. Except for the fog.


Now THAT'S funny!

So it kinda-sorta works like an MEC progressive shotgun shell reloader?

A Fish Named Wallyum 12-04-2020 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyjeep
Now THAT'S funny!

So it kinda-sorta works like an MEC progressive shotgun shell reloader?

Boy, HOWDY!

tbzep 12-04-2020 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyjeep
Now THAT'S funny!

So it kinda-sorta works like an MEC progressive shotgun shell reloader?

Can you imagine running a MEC style loader with handle and charge bar all day long for a living?
I'm glad I don't have to work the handle on a few hundred thousand motors per day!
I'd have one of those arms that make people think I'm a tennis pro, or spend a lot of time alone looking at....rockets.

shockwaveriderz 12-04-2020 10:02 AM

Roy can you ID the various buildings per your tour?

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.4136649,-105.0170591,382m/data=!3m1!1e3

You can obviously see the MABEL's in a line with the white Styrofoam square on top.

Did you take any pics?

ghrocketman 12-04-2020 12:02 PM

Bill-
I need the plans for your bathroom for our first floor bathroom.
Would be hilarious since the master bedroom is directly above it. My significant other would not find it nearly as funny.
Will have to install a keypad or retinal scan lock on the door. Nobody will be allowed in other than myself. That assures I will be DELIVERING the fragrant aroma, but NEVER on the receiving end.

tbzep 12-04-2020 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Bill-
I need the plans for your bathroom for our first floor bathroom.
Would be hilarious since the master bedroom is directly above it. My significant other would not find it nearly as funny.
Will have to install a keypad or retinal scan lock on the door. Nobody will be allowed in other than myself. That assures I will be DELIVERING the fragrant aroma, but NEVER on the receiving end.

Exhaust fan into the bedroom above. ;)

Earl 12-04-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Exhaust fan into the bedroom above. ;)


I wonder if that ONE has ever come up in divorce proceedings? :eek:

Earl


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.