Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   SAM - Semroc Astronautic Modeler Team (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Semroc's designer software (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=11919)

mooshake 11-26-2012 07:26 PM

Semroc's designer software

How do I use this software. i have a lot of ideas I'd like to have turned but I have yet to figure out how to use it. I have taken for exampe cone designs and changed the length or shape or diameter and tried to do something with it in regards of sending it to Semroc or try to generate a price so I can pay with the order and nothing happens. What am I not doing correct?

mooshake 11-26-2012 07:28 PM

I'm not sure why it labled me a junior rocketeer I've been in this hobby over 35 years!

jharding58 11-27-2012 04:24 AM

You need to save the updated cone/item under your SAM number.

You are a Junior Rocketeer becasue the default in the user Control Panel is determined by the number of posts. You can update that also. Go to the User Control Panel and update the profile page changing the Custom User Title to your preferred title then click save changes.

Tau Zero 11-27-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharding58
You are a Junior Rocketeer becasue the default in the user Control Panel is determined by the number of posts. You can update that also. Go to the User Control Panel and update the profile page changing the Custom User Title to your preferred title then click save changes.
Although if you change your title to "Galactic Emperor," we're all going to look at you a little funny. :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D :chuckle:

As Craig McGraw has often said, "Welcome to the asylum!" :D

Cheers,

mooshake 11-28-2012 12:18 AM

Oh nuts! I was hoping to come up with ome outlandish title like that! Oh well. :)
Thanks for the welcome...............now to take over!!! he he heeee!!

mooshake 11-29-2012 12:15 AM

Ok where do I put my SAM number so i can save design to it? :confused:

Tau Zero 11-29-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooshake
Ok where do I put my SAM number so i can save design to it? :confused:
Rick,

Up where it says "Owner." It looks like you'll type in "0231". ;) :D

mooshake 11-30-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Zero
Rick,

Up where it says "Owner." It looks like you'll type in "0231". ;) :D

Thanks. I'll figure this thing out yet.

mooshake 11-30-2012 01:39 AM

I opened a shape from the directory. I altered it to what I want turned. I hit save. Now what? It gave me a price. How do I get to the check out from the designer? hat does the button "load do" I figured out what refresh is for but the rest have me befuddled.

mooshake 12-02-2012 02:26 AM

I was looking at the custom balsa parts list and noticed on the left side my SAM #. It appears I have a bunch of parts there. I guess that's where they hae been going when I hit save. Ok now to get Sem Roc to turn them. Do I just send money and they know what I ordered? :confused: