Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   SAM - Semroc Astronautic Modeler Team (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Missing! (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=11483)

Carl@Semroc 08-16-2012 11:03 PM

Missing!

We are looking for some missing kits! Well not really, but it is a new contest we have been working on for some time. Since this is beta, it is only on the SAM forum first. The idea is that each day at midnight a kit and serial number is generated and the holder of that kit has 24 hours to take a photo of the serial tag and post it here on YORF. The prize will be a $10.00 gift certificate, but that could change as we see how this is going. The serial tag can still be in a sealed kit or in the open.

It will be interesting to find some of the 5000 or so serial tags that we have released over the years.

Scott, two things... #5 Batrok will never appear since #6 is the lowest that we will be looking for! :chuckle: and will this be better in Free for All, Vendors or another thread after it is moved out of the SAM area?

By the way, the first one is here.

Earl 08-17-2012 12:14 AM

Carl-

Neat contest. I have a question about the tags in general. How long are they included in a given kit? The first 100 or some such? Most of the Semroc kits I have bought over the the years do NOT have a tag in the bag (the USS America did have #11 in it).

Just curious.

Earl

ghrocketman 08-17-2012 09:06 AM

How about if we built the model and affixed it as a decal ?
I know my Semroc SLS Explorer is a vey low serial # and I applied it to the rocket.
I also modified the large "Explorer" decal to read "ExploDer" :D

Ltvscout 08-17-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
We are looking for some missing kits! Well not really, but it is a new contest we have been working on for some time. Since this is beta, it is only on the SAM forum first. The idea is that each day at midnight a kit and serial number is generated and the holder of that kit has 24 hours to take a photo of the serial tag and post it here on YORF. The prize will be a $10.00 gift certificate, but that could change as we see how this is going. The serial tag can still be in a sealed kit or in the open.

It will be interesting to find some of the 5000 or so serial tags that we have released over the years.

Scott, two things... #5 Batrok will never appear since #6 is the lowest that we will be looking for! :chuckle: and will this be better in Free for All, Vendors or another thread after it is moved out of the SAM area?

By the way, the first one is here.

Heh, I still have to send that BatRoc to have the designer sign it. His son gave me his address.

I'm thinking it would best be posted in the Vendors area once you're ready to go public.

Sounds like a great contest!

Eagle3 08-17-2012 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looking for this Carl? ;)

Carl@Semroc 08-17-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle3
Looking for this Carl? ;)
Wow! First winner. Congratulations. I was afraid we would have to wait for several weeks before we found the first one.

Now we have to get something in place to get certificates out. Other than that, I think it is ready for prime time. We will run it from 8:00 PM until the next 8:00 PM instead of midnight to see if that works better.

Serial tags have varied over the years. When we first started, we ran tags from #1 to #104. Around 2006, we changed it to a max of about 60. Starting in 2008, we just printed one sheet from #1 to #30, since few wanted numbers higher than 30.

If the model is built, we just need a photo of the serial tag. If the serial tag is on the model, that is OK as well.

Carl@Semroc 08-17-2012 07:29 PM

There is another open thread for the missing kits. Please use it for future posts. Thanks!