Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Plans & Publications (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mountainside Hobbies 4-inch V-2 (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=18622)

astronwolf 06-24-2020 08:28 AM

Mountainside Hobbies 4-inch V-2 - 1996

1 Attachment(s)
Dug this out of storage and decided to build it. It's kind of an oldie, and was pretty popular in its day. This is the older version, with the LOC nose cone (rounded tip) and oversize plywood plate fins. In my opinion it's not really a super-special kit other than you don't see these around anymore.

Does anyone have any interest in full-dimensional data, plans, etc. for this kit?

5x7 06-24-2020 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronwolf
Dug this out of storage and decided to build it. It's kind of an oldie, and was pretty popular in its day. This is the older version, with the LOC nose cone (rounded tip) and oversize plywood plate fins. In my opinion it's not really a super-special kit other than you don't see these around anymore.

Does anyone have any interest in full-dimensional data, plans, etc. for this kit?

Yes, that would be great, I was interested into getting one but they stopped producing them.

astronwolf 06-24-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x7
Yes, that would be great, I was interested into getting one but they stopped producing them.

I looked back through the r.m.r. archives (now google groups) and saw that they started shipping preorders Feb-Mar 1996, and within 12 months MSH was out of the rocket business. Very short-lived kit. There was supposed to be a new and improved release under Atlantic Rockets, but I don't know what happened with that.

5x7 06-24-2020 07:47 PM

Wow it seemed a lot longer.

Ltvscout 06-24-2020 07:57 PM

Wolf,

If the files are too big to upload in this post send them to me at scott@rocketshoppe.com and I'll make them available.

astronwolf 06-24-2020 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x7
Wow it seemed a lot longer.

The BT-80 24mm kit was available for longer.

RCBrust 06-25-2020 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I designed the second version V2 for Mountainside. It had a very accurate outline, built-up fins, and variable nose weight system. Flew very well on a G80 and really well on an H128.

I still have a bunch of parts and have often thought of doing a short run of them sometime if it's ok with Mark, the owner.

Randy

astronwolf 06-25-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBrust
I designed the second version V2 for Mountainside. It had a very accurate outline, built-up fins, and variable nose weight system. Flew very well on a G80 and really well on an H128.

I still have a bunch of parts and have often thought of doing a short run of them sometime if it's ok with Mark, the owner.

Randy

I'd be interested in at least a "plan pack." I've searched for plans or drawing for this to no avail. Thanks for responding to this thread.

Wasn't this version made for Atlantic Rockets? I thought MSH shut its doors.

RCBrust 06-25-2020 02:19 PM

I'd say we produced this for about a year before MSH shut down. Atlantic Rockets was a separate company. We had nothing to do with that.

Randy

RCBrust 06-25-2020 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here was mine in camo.

Randy