Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Short report 5-26-19 (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17927)

UlteriorModem 05-26-2019 10:31 AM

Short report 5-26-19
 
Hope everyone has a good Memorial day weekend. Don't forget to take time to say thanks for our brave fallen hero's.

We stopped at the National Cemetery this morning to place flowers at my parents graves.

Now for the report.

Had a lot of good flights, lost one :( , broke a fin on the Goblin :(

Launched the following
Mini fat boy, Mega Mosquito, Ricochet, Goblin.

The last one I don't know the name. Lost that one. It weather cocked down wind for whatever reason. I had a lot of confidence after the previous successful flights and recovery. Put a C6-6 (E sized casing). I knew it was lost the moment it left the pad and headed down wind towards the woods.

Anyhow here is an older picture of some of my rockets. The lost rocket is the largish one with the red nose cone in the center. The OCC Explorer.


ghrocketman 05-26-2019 10:47 AM

The lost one is the same name as the decal. "QCC Explorer".

UlteriorModem 05-26-2019 10:48 AM

Thanks, I guess it wanted to go exploring. It is almost certainly hung up in the canopy of some dense woods. I looked for it a while but never even caught a glimpse of it.

jetlag 05-26-2019 11:26 AM

Get someone that has a drone and fly over that area. There's a great chance you'll at least find it, then test out your climbing potential!

Allen

UlteriorModem 05-26-2019 11:33 AM

Heh.... at my age and a bad hip, nope aint gonna happen.

I will be sure to double check the launch angle from now on though :D

Scott_650 05-26-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorModem
Heh.... at my age and a bad hip, nope aint gonna happen.

I will be sure to double check the launch angle from now on though :D

LOL! Night before my wife had her first knee replacement surgery I had her steadying a step ladder in the bed of my pickup so I could retrieve my Estes Laser Lance (still have it but itís slightly shortened and semiretired. The rocket that is, my wife is 4 days from total retirement and the same height). So yeah, even though that worked ok for us sometimes discretion is indeed the better part of valor - order a new QCC and enjoy the build.

SEL 05-26-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorModem
Hope everyone has a good Memorial day weekend. Don't forget to take time to say thanks for our brave fallen hero's.

We stopped at the National Cemetery this morning to place flowers at my parents graves.

Now for the report.

Had a lot of good flights, lost one :( , broke a fin on the Goblin :(

Launched the following
Mini fat boy, Mega Mosquito, Ricochet, Goblin.

The last one I don't know the name. Lost that one. It weather cocked down wind for whatever reason. I had a lot of confidence after the previous successful flights and recovery. Put a C6-6 (E sized casing). snip


Who makes a C6-6 that comes in a 24mm casing?

ghrocketman 05-26-2019 03:16 PM

The last and only C6-6 that existed was the Cox 18mm C6-6 that ended in 1972.
None existed in 24mm. If 24mm, it would have to be an Estes 24mm C11-5.

SEL 05-26-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
Who makes a C6-6 that comes in a 24mm casing?



Or are you saying that you put a C motor in a E casing as an adapter?
In either case, a C-6 is not enough 'oomph' for the QC Explorer.


S.

ghrocketman 05-26-2019 04:57 PM

Agree.
A QCC Explorer on a C6 anything would be a cruise missile/land shark/powr-prang for sure.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.