Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The ever expanding Max Family (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=15837)

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-11-2016 08:04 PM

The ever expanding Max Family

This was my load of Der Red Max variants back in 2013. Back then I had 11, with a couple of others planned.

Since then I've done a couple more downscales, a few Mini Maxes and a couple of Stickershock birds. Today the weather cooperated and I was able to drag them outside with minimal damage for a family pic.

After I finished with the individual portraits, it occurred to me that I'd had a Mini in yellow at some point, so I found it and retook the picture indoors. I wasn't carrying them outside again. :rolleyes:

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-11-2016 08:52 PM

The Miniscule Max is a BT-5 downscale with Sandman Decals. Only one flight on it so far, on a 1/4A, but I surprised myself by finding my first ever Midget-sized rocket. :cool:

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-11-2016 08:55 PM

My most recent project is the Miniscule Der Big Red Max that hasn't quite made it out of the first coat stage. Hopefully another Sandman decal in its future.

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-11-2016 09:02 PM

The Retro Rocketry Der Blue Max is an old kit from a company that never got past the prototype stage. I did two test builds for them, a Red and Blue Max, and there were a bunch of others planned. (I think one was a BT-20 downscale of the Estes Omega and possibly the Blue Bird Zero.)

Only two flights over the years because I'd really hate to lose it. I think it was damaged on the first flight when we were still flying at the VOA because it has a white launch lug. :D

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-11-2016 09:04 PM

Another Retro Rocketry bird, this one has flown seven times over the years.

This was the original test kit, but for some reason Photobucket decided to flip them.

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-11-2016 09:07 PM

This is what's left of my Maxi Mini Max that was beheaded by a C11-7 CATO last spring. Blowed up real good! I actually caught a piece of the cardboard confetti that had the face on it. Things were looking pretty decent before the big bang.

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-11-2016 09:12 PM

Estes Mini Max #2. #1 is decorating the trees up at B6-4 Field, another first flight casualty.

This one has flown, but I can't find it in my flight logs. Well, I think it's flown...... :confused: Then again, that hook looks awfully shiny. :o

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-11-2016 09:16 PM

Three flights for the Mini Gold Max, which surprises me. I remember the first because the shotgun ejection charge broke the elastic shock cord. This was when I realized how cheap and easy the Mini projects were, especially with the Hobby Lobby coupon.

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-11-2016 09:19 PM

Hemi Max was named not because of the 18mm power in the Mini Max bod, but because the paint was Hemi Orange. :cool:

One flight on an A8-3. Cool, but I think it needs to go on a C6-5 to live up to the name.

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-11-2016 09:22 PM

One flight so far for the Mini Lime Max. This was built and flown around the same time as the Moon Glo. I needed to use up the green.