Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Launch Magazine History of Rockets and Model Rockets Book (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=19074)

Blushingmule 08-21-2021 11:53 AM

Avalon Hill, customer service or lack thereof.

Hi all,

Back around 1998 Avalon Hill (board war games, etc.) went out of business.
I'd subscribed to their bi-monthly magazine for years. However, instead of a
refund for the non published issues, I received monthly copies of a P/C game mag.
for the duration of my sub.

Good on them. Flying Models Magazine (Carstens Pub.) just hosed us back in 2014;
nothing, nada, not even a btw, sorry...

Bob
p.s. a year or so ago I received the parts and decals to build a SPEV. The balsa transition, and
Agena (?) part looked as if they were turned with a dull blade on a wobbly lathe. Was offered
a $10 credit on my next order...they'll take hours to sand, level, fill.

luke strawwalker 09-14-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
LOL, not me! :eek:

Yeah I see the crook is at it again... LOL:) OL J R :)

luke strawwalker 09-14-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushingmule
Hi all,

Back around 1998 Avalon Hill (board war games, etc.) went out of business.
I'd subscribed to their bi-monthly magazine for years. However, instead of a
refund for the non published issues, I received monthly copies of a P/C game mag.
for the duration of my sub.

Good on them. Flying Models Magazine (Carstens Pub.) just hosed us back in 2014;
nothing, nada, not even a btw, sorry...

Bob
p.s. a year or so ago I received the parts and decals to build a SPEV. The balsa transition, and
Agena (?) part looked as if they were turned with a dull blade on a wobbly lathe. Was offered
a $10 credit on my next order...they'll take hours to sand, level, fill.

Yep, difference between class act and a CROOK. At least Avalon Hill did the RIGHT THING and either substituted equivalent product for what you paid for... or they could have offered a refund.

CROOKS AND THIEVES do like Flying Models Magazine (Carsten) and Mark Mayfield (LAUNCH magazine) did, which is just CUT AND RUN WITH THE MONEY and screw everybody who had subscribed for product IN GOOD FAITH that they NEVER DELIVERED, and made NO EFFORT WHATSOEVER to make right, which is the very definition of THEFT.

I don't purchase from THIEVES and CROOKS! OL J R : )

Don Altschwager 08-07-2023 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Altschwager
Spotted this on Amazon today:

https://www.amazon.com/Launch-Magaz...t=Mark+Mayfield

I added this to my wish list; just have to wait a year for it to be published.....

Well, just got notice that the publishing date has now been pushed out to May 1, 2024.
I am not holding my breath.

Joe Wooten 08-07-2023 04:41 PM

still stringing the suckers along........

tbzep 08-08-2023 02:41 PM

The only way I'd consider buying one is if it comes directly from Amazon, not just brokered by them. I absolutely will not pre-order. I renewed my magazine subscription for 2 years right before they went under. If Mayfield is an upstanding individual, he should send out copies at no cost to those of us who were screwed.

BEC 08-09-2023 12:12 AM

Quote:
The only way I'd consider buying one is if it comes directly from Amazon, not just brokered by them. I absolutely will not pre-order. I renewed my magazine subscription for 2 years right before they went under. If Mayfield is an upstanding individual, he should send out copies at no cost to those of us who were screwed.

THAT post needs a great big “Like” button. AGREED!

ghrocketman 08-09-2023 12:55 PM

Pure VAPORWARE.

luke strawwalker 09-26-2023 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wooten
still stringing the suckers along........

YUP!!! When will people learn those jokers have ZERO reliability and deserve ZERO trust or business...

luke strawwalker 09-26-2023 07:52 PM

Quote:

ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTELY!!!! Well said!