Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   SVDT - Semroc Virtual Design Team (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   New kits! (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=1508)

Carl@Semroc 02-27-2007 11:39 PM

New kits!

Sorry about the scant posts lately. As usual, another major event and we are behind. We have been trying to finish up some that we have had in the works for a long time.

Coming up next:

SPEV - with BT-52 parts instead of BT-50 as originally planned (thanks John Brohn)
Defender - with all balsa transitions instead of the one paper one as original (thanks John Dyer)
Centurion - to match the original prototype (long balsa nose cone) instead of production (cheaper short plastic nose cone)

Hopefully, by NARCON...

This is only on SVDT thread, for now, until we get closer to having SOMETHING ready. The commemorative kit is the 50th Anniversary Mark II. It was 50 years ago that Orville Carlisle got G. Harry "hooked" on model rocketry with that rocket. Seems like only yesterday.

And... we now have the SVDT discount code activated for 30% discount to members. We were going to do 20% plus 10% for NAR members, but I think all but 2 SVDT members are also NAR members anyway.

A Fish Named Wallyum 02-27-2007 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
Sorry about the scant posts lately. As usual, another major event and we are behind. We have been trying to finish up some that we have had in the works for a long time.

Coming up next:

SPEV - with BT-52 parts instead of BT-50 as originally planned (thanks John Brohn)
Defender - with all balsa transitions instead of the one paper one as original (thanks John Dyer)
Centurion - to match the original prototype (long balsa nose cone) instead of production (cheaper short plastic nose cone)

Hopefully, by NARCON...

This is only on SVDT thread, for now, until we get closer to having SOMETHING ready. The commemorative kit is the 50th Anniversary Mark II. It was 50 years ago that Orville Carlisle got G. Harry "hooked" on model rocketry with that rocket. Seems like only yesterday.

And... we now have the SVDT discount code activated for 30% discount to members. We were going to do 20% plus 10% for NAR members, but I think all but 2 SVDT members are also NAR members anyway.

Cool. I just finished an SPEV with 24mm power, but I'll definitely build a kit. The Defender and Centurion have been on my cloning list for a while also.

Tau Zero 02-28-2007 01:09 AM

Golly, Mr. Wizard!

Quote:
And... we now have the SVDT discount code activated for 30% discount to members.
(Jay's jaw hits the floor) :eek: :cool:

Quote:
We were going to do 20% plus 10% for NAR members, but I think all but 2 SVDT members are also NAR members anyway.
:cool:

It's not often that I'm rendered speechless, but Carl seems to make that happen on a semi-regular basis. :D :p

Ltvscout 02-28-2007 07:53 AM

Quote:

Coming up next:

So, are you doing reserved # kits still? If so, please put my name down for one of each of those. Thanks, Carl!

Eagle3 02-28-2007 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
So, are you doing reserved # kits still? If so, please put my name down for one of each of those. Thanks, Carl!

ditto

Oh, and thanks for the added discount Carl!

EchoVictor 02-28-2007 08:11 AM

Quote:

And here I thought the jaw-droppingly good Semroc service couldn't get any better....

Thanks, Carl!

- EV

Chas Russell 02-28-2007 10:15 AM

Yes, if you do reserve these three kits, I'd like two of each. The SPEV is good news, as I lost my original one due to a motor with a too-thick ceramic end cap.

Looked at my last credit card bill and noticed it had been a couple of months since my last order <g>! Figured SEMROC woudl be working on something good!

Chas

ghrocketman 02-28-2007 12:32 PM

Carl,
If you are holding a "reserve" list, please put me down for a Defender and a Centurion.
Thanks,
Jerry

Initiator001 02-28-2007 12:51 PM

Carl,

If there is a 'reserve' list...

Please put me down for one each of SPEV, Defender & Centurion.

I had been wondering what was up... ;)

Thanks,

Bob

Royatl 02-28-2007 04:13 PM

Definitely want me a SPEV or two or three! (even though I have four on my bench!)