Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Plans & Publications (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Carlisle Mark I Dimensioned Drawing (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=19138)

shockwaveriderz 12-19-2020 12:20 PM

Carlisle Mark I Dimensioned Drawing

1 Attachment(s)
I have no idea where I got this or how accurate it is or isn't.....But I just found it so I thought I would post it.

Ltvscout 12-19-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaveriderz
I have no idea where I got this or how accurate it is or isn't.....But I just found it so I thought I would post it.

Thanks, Terry!

Earl 12-19-2020 01:23 PM

Get some Centuri ST-10 tubing and go to it! I think the tube dimensions are just about dead on the same.

Earl

mojo1986 12-19-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Get some Centuri ST-10 tubing and go to it! I think the tube dimensions are just about dead on the same.

Earl

Yeah, but that nose cone is hard to find. Is there a modern replacement?

LeeR 12-19-2020 10:08 PM

Boy, that thing was precise! Three significant digits after the decimal? :p

Space Ranger 12-21-2020 05:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaveriderz

Thanks for posting that pdf. I had tried constructing a scratch built Carlisle Mark I by eyeballing the photos in Launch Magazine, and other online pics. In 2010 at Naram 52 Colorado I was fortunate to meet Carl McLawhorn and showed my scratch version to him and asked if he would be going to do a Semroc kit version of the Mark I. I think he said that he had the opportunity to see an original Mark 1 at the Smithsonian and had taken measurements for a possible kit offering for doing a kit. But it was probably one of the many of the projects that he was juggling but didnt get finished. With the 3 digit accuracy of this drawing pdf, I wonder if the info could possibly have come from Carl? And would wonder if Randy Boadway would have his info now?

Attached are some pics of my Mark I, it is about 1.5" longer than what the pdf shows, so I may want to make another try at it:

shockwaveriderz 12-21-2020 06:28 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Space Ranger:

That is entirely possible. At one-point about 12-13 years ago, I had several email conversations about kitting the Carlisle Mark I ( with a base model stand that was engraved) with Carl..... It never came to fruition, as I was battling a number of medical problems at the time and the matter was dropped.

I used to have an office outlook .pst file that had all my emails from circa 1996. It had grown to about 2gb in size and although I had multiple disks in my PC at that time, I never bothered to back any of it up.

One day I was in some remote corner of the dark web snooping around and I picked up a particularly nasty piece of malware that literally ate my C: HDD up......total, complete, destruction......lost everything......almost.

Luckily for me, a lot of non-email stuff was on the other HDD and it was saved.

SO, to make a long story short, all of our correspondence has been lost to history.

Over the past month I have been trying to organize the stuff on my various HDD/SSD and I keep finding stuff from back then that I didn't even know that I had. Plus now I backup everything EVERY Sunday like clockwork.....just in case.

Attached is a 1st draft rough drawing of the proposed Mark I that I sent to Carl back circa 2008. This was a proposed part listing with a few dimensions that I also got from doing some poor photogrammetry on my part

Terry