Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Plans & Publications (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Estes Super Neon (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=455)

johnnwwa 09-27-2005 01:32 PM

Estes Super Neon

I have this kit and I notice that this kit IS NOT on either JimZ or listed as scanned here. But I do not have the means of scanning the plans to submit to forum. Can I get some help with this before I decide to build it . Would be willing to send plans or anything that would be needed . Just drop me a email or post here. Thanks :)

BAR
JOHn

A Fish Named Wallyum 09-27-2005 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnwwa
I have this kit and I notice that this kit IS NOT on either JimZ or listed as scanned here. But I do not have the means of scanning the plans to submit to forum. Can I get some help with this before I decide to build it . Would be willing to send plans or anything that would be need . Just drop me a email or post here. Thanks :)

BAR
JOHn

Howdy John. What do you need to know?

johnnwwa 09-27-2005 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Howdy John. What do you need to know?

What I need is somone with a scanner, or program to turn plans into PDF file and the time to do the leg work to get this kit posted. Would be willing to measure body tubes , copy decals , or anthing else . Just let me know.

BAR
JOHN

EchoVictor 09-27-2005 04:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
John,

if you can, just trace the fins on a piece of paper. Then use a drawing software to re-create the kit. Here's an example I did up in PowerPoint.

Later,
EV

CPMcGraw 09-27-2005 04:52 PM

Quote:
I have this kit and I notice that this kit IS NOT on either JimZ or listed as scanned here...

John,

Would you happen to know what year that model was available? Or what the stock number is? I'm looking through the Expanded Kit List from Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe, and I cannot locate this name as a kit. Was this a true "kit", like the classic bagged designs, or was this a RTF rocket with launch pad and controller?

Arley Davis 09-27-2005 05:43 PM

First of, were do you live State and city, maybe someone with a scanner lives close to you. If not do you have a copy store like Kinko’s near you? Make a print of every thing in black and white, Plans, Fin Patterns, any other materials and the Decals in color then send by mail the information to Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe. Just email Scott to see were he wants it mailed to.

This is an actual Estes kit if memory serves me it was a 2-stage rocket but I will not swear to it. The Super Neon kit #2050 came out in 1991.

A Fish Named Wallyum 09-27-2005 06:30 PM

Quote:
What I need is somone with a scanner, or program to turn plans into PDF file and the time to do the leg work to get this kit posted. Would be willing to measure body tubes , copy decals , or anthing else . Just let me know.

BAR
JOHN

I can do the scanning, and I'm sure there's someone on here who can vouch for my "character". I can promise you that you'll get them back once I finish.
Show of hands, guys. Who'd trust ol' Bill with their lives? :cool: Don't all post at once. :D :eek:

Arley Davis 09-27-2005 06:34 PM

I was wrong it was the Super Nova that was a 2-stage rocket that came out in 1989 - 1994 not the Super Neon that came out in 91, put the super Neon with tube fin desine is cool.

johnnwwa 09-27-2005 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
John,

Would you happen to know what year that model was available? Or what the stock number is? I'm looking through the Expanded Kit List from Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe, and I cannot locate this name as a kit. Was this a true "kit", like the classic bagged designs, or was this a RTF rocket with launch pad and controller?

Estes Super Neon #2050 This is a true kit picked it on ebay about 8 months ago.

BAR
John :)

A Fish Named Wallyum 09-28-2005 12:08 AM

http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/rock...91/91est34.html

Cool, but not exactly neon. :confused: I'm thinking Day-Glo paints when the time comes...... :cool: