Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Risky thread (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=18424)

Jerry Irvine 04-06-2020 04:35 PM

Risky thread

So I was able to achieve a truly DOT/ATF/NAR/NFPA exempt propellant. You can buy a candle. You can buy a rocket motor.

The issue is the clubs are involved in arbitrary rulemaking and that exemption from them makes them nervous (irrationally, because we always need clubs). So my question is simple from the perspective of THIS audience. Are you even willing to buy exempt product or does it violate your religion?

There's always Home Depot and Wal-Mart.

Just Jerry

BEC 04-06-2020 06:08 PM

Jerry,

I would certainly like to learn more—what would the applications for motors using this propellant be relative to LPR/MPR as we know it? What sort of performance might it have? How easy (or hard) is it to "initiate"? What sort of ballpark costs (from a user perspective) might there be relative to current black powder or APCP motors? Those sorts of things....

Even if the applications would be significantly different (here I'm thinking, say, Q-Jets vs. Jetex) I would still want to know more.

ghrocketman 04-06-2020 06:10 PM

I would probably be interested in it depending on what impulse range it is in.
Does the average thrust of no more than 80N NFPA reg apply ?
Need to know more info other than just "exempt"

If it is some non-combustible nonsense, NOT interested.

Jerry Irvine 04-06-2020 06:59 PM

All impulse ranges. FAA is only exempt to 125g. Above that the club and waiver OR another compliace method method I invented applies.

But all impulse ranges are buyable anywhere anytime. You have to use good judgement on use. We still live in the United States of America where the citizens are the SOVEREIGNS.

Jerry Irvine 04-06-2020 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
Jerry,

I would certainly like to learn more—what would the applications for motors using this propellant be relative to LPR/MPR as we know it? What sort of performance might it have? How easy (or hard) is it to "initiate"? What sort of ballpark costs (from a user perspective) might there be relative to current black powder or APCP motors? Those sorts of things....

Even if the applications would be significantly different (here I'm thinking, say, Q-Jets vs. Jetex) I would still want to know more.

Same everything exccept dimensions and BP.

Jerry Irvine 04-06-2020 07:08 PM

Lets fixate on HPR and HPR+

5x7 04-06-2020 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
So I was able to achieve a truly DOT/ATF/NAR/NFPA exempt propellant. You can buy a candle. You can buy a rocket motor.

The issue is the clubs are involved in arbitrary rulemaking and that exemption from them makes them nervous (irrationally, because we always need clubs). So my question is simple from the perspective of THIS audience. Are you even willing to buy exempt product or does it violate your religion?

There's always Home Depot and Wal-Mart.

Just Jerry

Sure show us the DOT classification and have at.

Earl 04-06-2020 07:27 PM

Gosh, ok, Jerry, I guess you got our collective curiosities aroused, so let’s stop the foreplay and get down to some, er, nitty gritty details. Eh?

Earl

tbzep 04-06-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine

Are you talking a paraffin hybrid? They've been around a long time. If not a hybrid, what's in the propellant?

MarkB. 04-06-2020 08:33 PM

Jerry,

Better and Cheaper. Is it one of those two things? Does it fit in rockets I already have? When are you bringing it to market?

Better or Cheaper. Different isn't good enough. Better could be many things. Give us facts.