Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Scale & Sport Scale Rocketry (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Pershing I vs. Pershing II ... which was the best!? (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=9298)

LeeR 07-28-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpJet
I have a small protest on this poll. It says I have already voted on this poll, but I have not. On the other hand the 1A is a 3 to 1 favorite at the moment and I'm pretty sure it is going to end up with a spread like this in the end.

I am not sure why people are comparing Real Life Performance with which one they would prefer to see as a kit but I guess everyone makes decisions based on difference reasoning. I know the performance of the M-50 Honest John was much better then the M-30 Honest John but I believe a poll on these two version would show the people prefer the M-30 version.

John Boren

John,

I personally would be quite happy should Estes decide to kit either Pershing!

blackshire 07-28-2011 06:10 PM

The Pershing IA has an advantage over the Pershing II as a flying scale model: Having fins on both of its stages, it would lend itself to staging (either gap-staging or electronically-initiated staging). The body tube in the kit need not come in two sections for this to be done; interested modelers could cut the body tube into two sections to create the two stages.

luke strawwalker 07-28-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
The Pershing IA has an advantage over the Pershing II as a flying scale model: Having fins on both of its stages, it would lend itself to staging (either gap-staging or electronically-initiated staging). The body tube in the kit need not come in two sections for this to be done; interested modelers could cut the body tube into two sections to create the two stages.

Ok... you COULD, but WHY?? I couldn't really see the point to this other than getting mission points in competition... and if you were REALLY interested in that, you could do the same with a Pershing II using flip-out clear fins on the second stage...

Later! OL JR :)

blackshire 07-28-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Ok... you COULD, but WHY?? I couldn't really see the point to this other than getting mission points in competition... and if you were REALLY interested in that, you could do the same with a Pershing II using flip-out clear fins on the second stage...
B'cuz the Pershing IA -doesn't- need flip-out clear fins on the second stage...

luke strawwalker 07-29-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
B'cuz the Pershing IA -doesn't- need flip-out clear fins on the second stage...

:rolleyes:

:p ;) :chuckle:

Cohetero-negro 08-02-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
:rolleyes:

:p ;) :chuckle:

Nice meeting you at Burger King JR! (NARAM 53).

I picked up Sandman's Pershing 1A at NARAM 53... I will make it into a two stager... it just looks DEADLY! :)

Jonathan

P.s. Sandman, please consider a Genie Air-to-Air nuclear missile ;)