Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Virtual NARCON (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=19071)

GuyNoir 12-04-2020 11:53 AM

Virtual NARCON
 
For those who may not of seen it yet, NARCON 2021 will be virtual.

https://www.nar.org/narcon-2021/

Here's your opportunity to "attend" without having to travel! :)

A Fish Named Wallyum 12-04-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNoir
For those who may not of seen it yet, NARCON 2021 will be virtual.

https://www.nar.org/narcon-2021/

Here's your opportunity to "attend" without having to travel! :)

Solo beerlofting is what got me in trouble in my 20's. :o

Earl 12-04-2020 01:02 PM

Looks like Bernard Cawley (BEC here) will be one of the presenters. Altimeters maybe?

Looks like a good opportunity to attend a NARCON...never been to one.

Earl

A Fish Named Wallyum 12-04-2020 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Looks like Bernard Cawley (BEC here) will be one of the presenters. Altimeters maybe?

Looks like a good opportunity to attend a NARCON...never been to one.

Earl

Been to two. Better than NARAM. :cool:

BEC 12-04-2020 01:30 PM

Yep - altimeters. What else? :)

Specifically altimeters for and in NRC events. Let me know if there is something in particular you would like me to cover or show as my talk is still in the rough outline stage.

rocket.aero 12-04-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Been to two. Better than NARAM. :cool:


Agreed. I've never crashed a rocket at NARCON, and everyone seems to smell better. <G>

James

Earl 12-04-2020 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
Yep - altimeters. What else? :)

Specifically altimeters for and in NRC events. Let me know if there is something in particular you would like me to cover or show as my talk is still in the rough outline stage.


I'm sure you will cover it and I suspect any altimeter purchased would talk about this, but the size ports needed to ensure proper and accurate sampling and just how the altimeter should be mounted too to ensure same.

And of course any of the 'extra' little 'best tricks of the trade' that only come from flying altimeters quite a bit. I've never even flown one. :(

Earl

A Fish Named Wallyum 12-04-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket.aero
Agreed. I've never crashed a rocket at NARCON, and everyone seems to smell better. <G>

James

:chuckle:

BEC 12-04-2020 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
I'm sure you will cover it and I suspect any altimeter purchased would talk about this, but the size ports needed to ensure proper and accurate sampling and just how the altimeter should be mounted too to ensure same.


I do intend to spend quite a bit more time on installation considerations including both of those points than the usual article seems to, including mine in the 2020 NAR Member Guidebook.

Quote:
And of course any of the 'extra' little 'best tricks of the trade' that only come from flying altimeters quite a bit. I've never even flown one. :(

Earl

Iíve been thinking about how, in the virtual environment, to present some of that sort of thing. There has to be something better than just having you look at a static picture on a slide on a screen.

tbzep 12-04-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
There has to be something better than just having you look at a static picture
Even if it's a static port? :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.