Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   SAM - Semroc Astronautic Modeler Team (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Omega (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=11352)

Sheryl@Semroc 07-15-2012 05:42 AM

Omega

The Omega (KV-64) is now online.

kurth 07-15-2012 06:48 AM

I noticed it on your site before seeing this, and placed an order. Thanks!!! this is going to be one neat rocket to fly.

gpoehlein 07-15-2012 06:59 AM

You know what would be a really cool after market item for this? If someone (not me - I have neither the talent to make the forms nor the equipment to do it) could make a vacform shell of the Cineroc. You would make a left and right half, find a small mirror and lens for the aperture, and mount a gum camera inside - that last part would be left up to the builder since it would have to match up with the camera.

Anyone up for the challenge? :p ;)

Greg

Doug Sams 07-15-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpoehlein
You know what would be a really cool after market item for this? If someone (not me - I have neither the talent to make the forms nor the equipment to do it) could make a vacform shell of the Cineroc. You would make a left and right half, find a small mirror and lens for the aperture, and mount a gum camera inside - that last part would be left up to the builder since it would have to match up with the camera.

Anyone up for the challenge? :p ;)
Hi, Greg,

To be clear, according to the instructions on the Semroc site, this kit comes with the Cineroc shaped payload section. All that's needed to do what you suggest is to add a hole, then mount a mirror and gum cam. (In fact, I have one of these Semroc faux Cinerocs, but have yet to fly it :o)

So getting some aerial video from this kit is certainly a reasonable mod.

I agree that having a molded plastic unit would be cool. But keep in mind, us Yorfers are all about making do with paper, balsa and FnF. That's all we need for a pretty danged good facsimile :)

(In my case, rather than use a mirror, I opted to mount the camera horizontally.)

Doug

tbzep 07-15-2012 09:20 AM

And I opted to modify my camera.

Doug Sams 07-15-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
And I opted to modify my camera. (Snip pics)
I remember that write-up.

Kudos to you for such a delicate mod! I consider myself quite the craftsman - and I'm an electrical engineer to boot - but if I tried that mod, I'm pretty sure I'd break the camera in the process :o:eek:

Doug

jetlag 07-15-2012 09:30 AM

TB might do it for you...for a price! :)

Doug Sams 07-15-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag
TB might do it for you...for a price! :)
Oh, now you've thrown down the gauntlet!

;)

Doug

jetlag 07-15-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
Oh, now you've thrown down the gauntlet!

;)

Doug

...Maybe for a guitar pic signed by the greatest, Jimmy Page?! :D

Allen

UCBadger 07-15-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
And I opted to modify my camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
I remember that write-up.

Is there a link (or other reference) that can be shared?