Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Wanted: Dead or Alive! (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Estes Soaring Eagle #1373 (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=12750)

mrhemi1971 07-22-2013 06:45 PM

Estes Soaring Eagle #1373
 
Been looking to get another one of these for a while now. It was the flex wing glider made in the early 80's. I plan to build it, so if you have an opened version it's fine. I did a demo for my grade school back in '83 and kept flying that kit for a long time, but got lost years ago. Wish they kept making it because it was a neat kit to build and fly. Send me a message if you have one you'd be willing to part with. Thanks

frognbuff 07-22-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhemi1971
Been looking to get another one of these for a while now. It was the flex wing glider made in the early 80's. I plan to build it, so if you have an opened version it's fine. I did a demo for my grade school back in '83 and kept flying that kit for a long time, but got lost years ago. Wish they kept making it because it was a neat kit to build and fly. Send me a message if you have one you'd be willing to part with. Thanks


There's one listed on Ebay right now. High bid is not outrageous (yet).

mrhemi1971 07-24-2013 06:36 PM

trying to win it, but my rocket funds don't allow me to go crazy.

ghrocketman 07-25-2013 10:21 AM

The Estes Soaring Eagle was the ONLY boost glider I ever built that I could NOT ever get to fly properly. I had a ton of R/C building experience under my belt when I built mine too. I got more glide time out of the orbiters on my Scale 1284 Space Shuttle, SST Shuttle, and Orbital Transport and those are LOUSY gliders.

mrhemi1971 07-25-2013 10:40 AM

Yeah, it took forever and some to get mine to fly right, I built it as a school science project, and spent too many hours getting it to fly decently. if I get another though it will be a display model only. I do presentations to different CAP squadrons and the kids love to see the different stuff..

mrhemi1971 07-25-2013 01:13 PM

looks like I'm not winning this one.....Got to hit the lottery or something...****!

J Blatz 07-29-2013 05:35 PM

Check your inbox, I think I can help.

Joe Wooten 07-30-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
The Estes Soaring Eagle was the ONLY boost glider I ever built that I could NOT ever get to fly properly. I had a ton of R/C building experience under my belt when I built mine too. I got more glide time out of the orbiters on my Scale 1284 Space Shuttle, SST Shuttle, and Orbital Transport and those are LOUSY gliders.


I never had any problems getting the one I built in 1982 to glide. In fact, it glided too well. I lost it on the second flight on a C6-3 when it caught the wind and sailed out of sight to land somewhere in Hood county TX north of 377.......

kevinj 07-30-2013 08:29 AM

I took some time today and combined the tif files of this kit from JimZ into a single PDF. I've sent it off to Scott for possible inclusion into the Ye Olde Rocket Plans site.

If you'd like a copy, shoot me a PM.

kj

mrhemi1971 07-30-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wooten
I never had any problems getting the one I built in 1982 to glide. In fact, it glided too well. I lost it on the second flight on a C6-3 when it caught the wind and sailed out of sight to land somewhere in Hood county TX north of 377.......


Somewhere in the vortex, all of our missing gliders still fly.......

My semroc swift did the same, caught a thermal and went.....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.