Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Now that the NFL season has started... (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=18061)

ghrocketman 09-08-2019 05:13 PM

Now that the NFL season has started...

We need some posts about how bad the Cleveland Browns STINK !
The "Cleveland STEAMER" did not get it's name by coincidence.
Their mascot is the "browns" due to being the same color as a TURD.

If one looks up "Cleveland" in a Roget's Thesaurus, synonyms include Sewer, Turd, Dump, Garbage, Fecal, and Outhouse.

A Fish Named Wallyum 09-08-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
We need some posts about how bad the Cleveland Browns STINK !
The "Cleveland STEAMER" did not get it's name by coincidence.
Their mascot is the "browns" due to being the same color as a TURD.

If one looks up "Cleveland" in a Roget's Thesaurus, synonyms include Sewer, Turd, Dump, Garbage, Fecal, and Outhouse.

Don't forget Burning and River.

Joe Wooten 09-08-2019 08:12 PM

The NFL? What's that?

tbzep 09-08-2019 08:20 PM

I haven't watched an NFL game in about 4 or 5 years. Still watch college.

Doug Sams 09-08-2019 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Don't forget Burning and River.
Ya know, in my few years covering the industrial midwest, I was very pleasantly surprised at how clean and habitable the big cities were. Coming of age in the 70's, I had formed some pretty negative impressions of the area, thanks partly to Johnny Carson's many jokes about Cleveland :)

But what I saw of those cities around the Great Lakes was the opposite of the polluted images I had in my mind. Pittsburgh had clear skies, not the haze of coal dust I had envisioned. And Cleveland was very clean, too. Even better, Cleveland had great Italian cuisine, which I can always indulge in :)

(But my favorite town for dining is Chicago - lots of great restaurants there.)

Doug

ghrocketman 09-09-2019 12:35 AM

I'm a much bigger fan of College Football as well.
Far fewer divas and prima-donnas. The head coach has control of the team.
In the NFL, far too often the inmates run the asylum.

mojo1986 09-09-2019 06:04 AM

Your post made me instantly think of Antonio Brown.

A Fish Named Wallyum 09-09-2019 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
Ya know, in my few years covering the industrial midwest, I was very pleasantly surprised at how clean and habitable the big cities were. Coming of age in the 70's, I had formed some pretty negative impressions of the area, thanks partly to Johnny Carson's many jokes about Cleveland :)

But what I saw of those cities around the Great Lakes was the opposite of the polluted images I had in my mind. Pittsburgh had clear skies, not the haze of coal dust I had envisioned. And Cleveland was very clean, too. Even better, Cleveland had great Italian cuisine, which I can always indulge in :)

(But my favorite town for dining is Chicago - lots of great restaurants there.)

Doug

I grew up with the same idea, but subsequent visits to Cleveland changed my mind in a big way. If you want it, Cleveland has it. It has an incredibly diverse list of ethnic restaurants. Downtown still has the bulk of its old buildings present, unlike Cincinnati, which tears them down without thought.

Joe Wooten 09-09-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
I haven't watched an NFL game in about 4 or 5 years. Still watch college.

For me it has been 7 years. Before the NFL got "woke" it got VERY boring. everyone ran the same offences and defenses

LeeR 09-09-2019 04:01 PM

I decided about 4-5 years ago to punt, so to speak. My wife would flip over to the Broncos game periodically to see how they were doing. It usually was awful. My mood got so much better when I just gave it up. I try to work on rockets instead. :)