Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   SVDT - Semroc Virtual Design Team (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   New kits! (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=1508)

Initiator001 03-09-2007 06:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Centurion #14, Defender #18 & SPEV #18 arrived at my mailbox today. :D

Bob

Eagle3 03-09-2007 06:49 PM

Centurion #9
SPEV #9
Defender #10

SEL 03-09-2007 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
Semroc Defender kits #11 and #12 landed in my mailbox today!

:D

Spev #12, Centurion #12 and Defender #15.

Sean

sandman 03-09-2007 08:57 PM

Quote:
Semroc Defender kits #11 and #12 landed in my mailbox today!

:D

LOL! you must have ordered right before me...I got #13 and #14 this afternoon.

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-09-2007 09:24 PM

Mine were Centurion 15, SPEV and Defender 19. I'm planning to build mine, so if anyone has the other #15 kits and wants a matching set, I'll be happy to trade the Centurion. (I already started on the Defender. :rolleyes: )

Ltvscout 03-09-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Mine were Centurion 15, SPEV and Defender 19. I'm planning to build mine, so if anyone has the other #15 kits and wants a matching set, I'll be happy to trade the Centurion. (I already started on the Defender. :rolleyes: )

My order was placed right after Bill's I guess. I had Centurion #16 and SPEV & Defender #20.

snaquin 03-09-2007 09:34 PM

Looks like we were all waiting to pounce when Sheryl made the announcement here that they put the kits online!

I am going to open the bag on Defender #12 later tonight and inhale the sweet Semroc air, examine the parts and start the build. Just from peeking in the bags I noticed there is a little square of clay in there too. I bought the other kit as a spare should I damage or lose the other rocket. If it means anything to anyone to have Defender #11 let me know. I'll take another Defender kit or something else in trade. I have no problems parting with it as I'm a builder and not a collector.

I've had good success with the water thinned Elmers wood filler for balsa parts that you guys have suggested (no fill n finish in the stores in my area). I have heard of some guys using photo paper glued over the balsa fins. Anyone have any success with this or should I just stick with the thinned Elmers?

Thanks!

barone 03-09-2007 09:52 PM

Centurion 13, SPEV 17, Defender 17.........All are going to get built.....Production number tags to be applied to the finished model...... :)

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-09-2007 09:53 PM

Quote:
I've had good success with the water thinned Elmers wood filler for balsa parts that you guys have suggested (no fill n finish in the stores in my area). I have heard of some guys using photo paper glued over the balsa fins. Anyone have any success with this or should I just stick with the thinned Elmers?

Thanks!

Depends. Jay swears by it, but I can see myself making a complete mess out of it. I can live with the sanding.

ghrocketman 03-09-2007 09:54 PM

Forget the Elmers wood filler/fill n' finish.
An "old time" kit design deserves "old school" finishing.....get some Aero Gloss or Sig Sanding Sealer or Balsa Fillercoat for those fins !
Nothing beats that "organic chemical" noxious fume dope finish !!!!!
Honestly I have cases of old stock and won't use anything else.