Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   SVDT - Semroc Virtual Design Team (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Jay's "Mu-Tater" (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=1344)

Tau Zero 01-02-2007 12:18 AM

Jay's "Mu-Tater"

3 Attachment(s)
(Scary "Theremin"-style 1950s horror/sci-fi music)

"Welcome to Idaho -- where Horrendous Mutations abound!" :eek: :p

...At least the "glaring lights of peer review" are of a slightly lower wattage here, compared to the forum at large. :o

If I *ever* get the Tau Zero done, :( here's the next design I'd submit as a possible Semroc oddroc/sport kit. You've probably all seen this before, but I'm now including the "latest and greatest" RockSim file (which is *not* widely available). Only Carl and Craig have copies of this, until now.

It's got a 24mm motor mount, with standard ST- (instead of LT-) tubing. Oh, and it's got that freakishly wierd Centuri Sky-Lab nose cone up front. (Like you missed *that.* :rolleyes: )

Comments, please. :cool:

Thanks, and cheers,

CPMcGraw 01-02-2007 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiGuy
(Scary "Theremin"-style 1950s horror/sci-fi music)

"Welcome to Idaho -- where Horrendous Mutations abound!" :eek: :p

...At least the "glaring lights of peer review" are of a slightly lower wattage here, compared to the forum at large. :o

If I *ever* get the Tau Zero done, :( here's the next design I'd submit as a possible Semroc oddroc/sport kit. You've probably all seen this before, but I'm now including the "latest and greatest" RockSim file (which is *not* widely available). Only Carl and Craig have copies of this, until now.

It's got a 24mm motor mount, with standard ST- (instead of LT-) tubing. Oh, and it's got that freakishly wierd Centuri Sky-Lab nose cone up front. (Like you missed *that.* :rolleyes: )

Comments, please. :cool:

Thanks, and cheers,

"Like Tuh-Mater, but without the Tuh..."

First time I saw that nose cone was from the Estes Harpoon kit. It had "Mu-Taterd" to the BT-50 body tube... :eek:

rocket_james 01-08-2007 11:27 PM

Quote:
here's the next design I'd submit as a possible Semroc oddroc/sport kit. It's got a 24mm motor mount, with standard ST- (instead of LT-) tubing. Oh, and it's got that freakishly wierd Centuri Sky-Lab nose cone up front.
Comments, please.

Seems like it would catch a lot of air. Does it do anything squirrely in a strong cross wind?
James

Tau Zero 01-10-2007 12:11 AM

*Virtual* Mutation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_james
Seems like it would catch a lot of air. Does it do anything squirrely in a strong cross wind?
James,

Dunno. It's still "virtual" right now. (Meaning, I have a pile of parts, but haven't put them together yet. :o )

Tell that John Dyer boy I said, "Howdy." ;) --And tell Chas Russell I sent him a Virtual "Poke in the Ribs" and a wink. :D

Cheers,

rocket_james 01-10-2007 05:38 AM

Quote:
Tell that John Dyer boy I said, "Howdy." ;) --And tell Chas Russell I sent him a Virtual "Poke in the Ribs" and a wink. :D

Will do, Jay. We are supposed to have a launch this weekend, but it's probably going to get canceled due to rain. :mad:
James