Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Plans & Publications (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I have plans for AAA Nike H aka Magnum Nike Ram (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=8475)

J Blatz 01-20-2011 07:04 PM

I have plans for AAA Nike H aka Magnum Nike Ram

This is a seriously cool kit from the 80's with very classic styling remeniscent of the old Enerjet Nike Ram. Files are too big to post here but I have all you could need to put it together.

I think I'm gonna clone this and fly it this summer with one of the bitchin' AeroTech WL/W9 endburners!!

PM me and I will sned anyone here the plans.

Green Dragon 01-20-2011 07:16 PM

is this 3 fin or 4 fin version ?

please forward the plans, ( sorry for the delays on the Lasersonics scans )

~ AL

snaquin 01-20-2011 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had much discussion with SEL about three years ago while laid up from surgery about this model. What a coincidence, I just took mine out the garage today after painting the fins red and it's warming up next to my ez bake oven/fireplace tonight almost ready for decals .....

(take a look at my avatar)

:)

stefanj 01-20-2011 09:21 PM

Ah, you have me bummed.

The AAA Nike-Ram was one of my first high power kits, back in '89 or so. I built it along with an AAA American Dream.

I had the American Dream for years and years, but the Nike-Ram got treed on its first flight. A friend (an old time rocketeer who was into R&D stuff) insisted I fly it, offering me a replacement kit if I lost it. I used a Vulcan F motor as I recall.

The poor thing was hung up there for months and months, then disappeared.

SEL 01-20-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
I had much discussion with SEL about three years ago while laid up from surgery about this model. What a coincidence, I just took mine out the garage today after painting the fins red and it's warming up next to my ez bake oven/fireplace tonight almost ready for decals .....

(take a look at my avatar)

:)

Hey Steve,

I forget: Which one of us was laid up?

S.

tbzep 01-20-2011 10:03 PM

I still have a AAA "Magnum Nike Ram 2". Is it the same as your Nike Ram kits?

J Blatz 01-21-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
I still have a AAA "Magnum Nike Ram 2". Is it the same as your Nike Ram kits?

Yeah, the Nike H is 38mm vs the Magnum Nike Ram's 2's 29mm mount, but I believe they are otherwise identical.

Mine is the Nike H version.

tbzep 01-21-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Blatz
Yeah, the Nike H is 38mm vs the Magnum Nike Ram's 2's 29mm mount, but I believe they are otherwise identical.

Mine is the Nike H version.

Just wondering because nobody added the "2" to the name.

Here's mine, finished as close as I could figure to the low quality catalog image. It's in rough shape. It's been in the attic for about 15 years.

tbzep 01-21-2011 09:17 AM

Steve,

Your nose cone is different from mine. AAA shipped my kit with an Estes PNC-80K nosecone. :confused:

BTW, I have a AAA Cherokee G also. It shipped with an FSI Black Brant II nosecone. :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, I think both AAA kits shipped with FSI nylon chutes.

sandman 01-21-2011 09:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have the decals.