Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Estes Taser Twin, Ricochet, Crossbow, Star Stryker build (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=5142)

pantherjon 05-04-2009 10:01 PM

Man those look fantastic Scigs! The close up on that nosecone is just SICK! But in a good way! :D Awesome!

I was in WM tonight doing the usual get a few groceries that becomes a whole cart deal, when I swung thru the toy section and snagged the other 2 that were MIA..The Taser Twin and Crossbow..Only got one of each...

Weird, Allen, the WM's down here have rockets but NO motors!:confused: At least you got motors up there in Columbia! I have a 'sizeable' stash, so I don't need any A-C motors right now anyway..

Shreadvector 05-05-2009 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherjon
Man those look fantastic Scigs! The close up on that nosecone is just SICK! But in a good way! :D Awesome!

I was in WM tonight doing the usual get a few groceries that becomes a whole cart deal, when I swung thru the toy section and snagged the other 2 that were MIA..The Taser Twin and Crossbow..Only got one of each...

Weird, Allen, the WM's down here have rockets but NO motors!:confused: At least you got motors up there in Columbia! I have a 'sizeable' stash, so I don't need any A-C motors right now anyway..

As I attempted to explain in the other thread on the other forum, it is not weird that they have no motors. The motors are not being shipped until they pass the new testing required by law. According to Mike, that is expected to be resolved soon.

if there had been no law enacted, then the supply of Estes motors and kits would have been more stable and there would not have been the crazy inventory elimination sales we saw last year.

pantherjon 05-05-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreadvector
As I attempted to explain in the other thread on the other forum, it is not weird that they have no motors. The motors are not being shipped until they pass the new testing required by law. According to Mike, that is expected to be resolved soon.

if there had been no law enacted, then the supply of Estes motors and kits would have been more stable and there would not have been the crazy inventory elimination sales we saw last year.

Thank you for refreshing my memory Fred! ;) I had forgotten that post you made..

j.a.duke 05-05-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
Notice the mylar sleeve for holding the engine hook to the outside of the tube?

Love to get about 3 or 4 dozen of those for the kits I've got planned.

Never found anything that worked quite as well.

Cheers,
Jon

Jeff Walther 05-06-2009 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.a.duke
Love to get about 3 or 4 dozen of those for the kits I've got planned.

Never found anything that worked quite as well.

Cheers,
Jon

Semroc sells the mylar rings to secure the engine hook. I think they come in sets of six for $1.50 or something like that.

barone 05-06-2009 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Walther
Semroc sells the mylar rings to secure the engine hook. I think they come in sets of six for $1.50 or something like that.

Really? Being lazy here.....got a link?

Vanel 05-06-2009 08:13 AM

I too have 6 of these - I believe this is the link:

BT-20 retaining ring

scigs30 05-07-2009 04:01 PM

I have been real busy but I was able to find time and finish these four rockets. All and all these are fantastic kits. The decals are thick and easy to work with, I did not treat with anything just dipped in water and applied.

scigs30 05-07-2009 04:07 PM

scigs30 05-07-2009 04:38 PM

I am so jealous of Leo's pictures that I had to give it a try......Now if I can just find an invisible stick to hold my rockets :chuckle: