Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   AeroTech/Enerjet NARAM-61 News (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=18010)

Jerry Irvine 07-29-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
I wondered if that was part of the pow-wow that went on at the field last year between Ellis, Bill, Mike, Dane, Hans, and Gary in the tent next to the Estes tent :)

I might have gotten some good video of that without any content being captured.

Jerry Irvine 07-29-2019 06:52 PM

Now that we have the F67, what about the F52, E24 and of course the G76 and H111??

Licensing the name in no way changes ownership. They also have a motor distribution agreement so the liability issues re simplified.

Jerry

ghrocketman 07-29-2019 08:28 PM

I'm kinda 'meh' on the F52...it was barely an F.
The 29mm E24, F67, G76, and H111 would be awesome too... especially if the H111 is under the LMR propellant weight limit so one could legally fly it without a waiver.

BEC 07-30-2019 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
Gary forgot to add that the D10 and D21 are no more. Something about casing supply issues.

Well that’s not good news. If either Gary or Dane are still around today I will ask about that.

BEC 07-30-2019 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_650
eRockets/Semroc, Tim VanMilligan/Apogee, Peter Alway, NCR, BMS, Newway we’re all there.

Semroc: updates to existing products - new tabbed laser cut fins/wings and decals for the Orbital Transport and additions to the MMX line.

They also showed a model, the name has escaped me, that had a boat tail version of a screw on motor retainer, which is interchangeable with one that is shaped like a big deLaval nozzle. It also had a screw-together joint in the middle. I think I’ve seen the joiner on eRockets already. I believe these parts are 3D printed.

Quote:
Apogee: working on a staging timer and still working on the GPS guided rogollo chute system.

Peter Alway: next edition of Rockets of the World still several years away.

Peter was showing recently released books - the WWII rockets book and the V-2 painting guide. But yes, he said a new edition of RoTW is still some time away.

Quote:
NCR: some kit updates and new laser cut construction tools/stands.

BMS: updates to the big School Rocket, including a 29mm motor version and add-on payload bays.

Newway: more square tube versions of old favorites, MMX versions of current Newway designs and a down scale of a really big square tube HPR rocket I wasn’t familiar with.

The New Way Spacemodels downscale was the Spirit of Higgs Farm. A new release here at NARAM is the Flat Boy, which is about the size of the Estes Mini Fat Boy but with an 18mm motor mount. The nose cone is 3D printed.

The MicroMax models (there are several) are also almost entirely 3D printed.

Rick showed two that are not yet released. First was Big Bessie (a square Big Bertha, but in a black/white cow motif). This model uses the same nose cone as Flat Boy (just as their Estes counterparts do). And there was the Saturn-4, which is a square Saturn V about the size of the Dr. Zooch Saturn V. The fins/nozzle fairings as well as the entire upper section (S-IVB on up) is 3D printed.

And James Duffy opened the forum with his own new product - a DVD about the Bell X-1 (spacemonkey models and rocket.aero)

Scott_650 07-30-2019 08:08 AM

Dang it! I was late getting there and missed the X-1 announcement - thanks for the info, the X-1 is a favorite of mine.

Initiator001 07-31-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
I figured some arrangement had to be made, particularly in light of one of Dr. Langford’s comments about Estes Industries being a little more careful about intellectual property in the future or something like that. This came after a comment about Estes bringing out new designs “so that Semroc had something new to make in 20 years”. But it that was clearly in a lighthearted tone, so I don’t think that we can read any significance into it with respect to older designs currently reproduced by Semroc/eRockets. Or that’s how I read that bit, anyway.

There was no 'arrangement' concerning the Enerjet trade name.

Use it or lose it. ;)

Shreadvector 07-31-2019 12:24 PM

Enerjets were sold in the rest stops of the New Jersey Turnpike back in the 1970's.

And they are still available today!!!

http://www.enerjets.com/
:chuckle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001
There was no 'arrangement' concerning the Enerjet trade name.

Use it or lose it. ;)

Initiator001 07-31-2019 12:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
On other-than-Enerjet topics....Gary showed a 4 inch diameter upscale Initiator as well. I think he said 38mm motor mount.

I approve. :D

The Mega Initiator has a 54mm motor mount.

5x7 07-31-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreadvector
Enerjets were sold in the rest stops of the New Jersey Turnpike back in the 1970's.

And they are still available today!!!

http://www.enerjets.com/
:chuckle:

That’s a must have for the next launch!