Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   More designs (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=11479)

Kimble29 08-17-2012 08:37 AM

Great work! You have some real good designs there for sure. I'd buy 'em!

Brain 08-17-2012 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've got pages & pages of sketches for rocket designs, and some of them are making their way into the 3D realm. This one I just made in Wings3D, brought over to Swift3D and added the 'paint job' & rendered out this image within the last half-hour! Sometimes this can be as much fun as building real ones... :p

Brain 08-17-2012 11:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully someone out there will understand why I call this one the Atlatl... ;)

luke strawwalker 08-17-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain
Hopefully someone out there will understand why I call this one the Atlatl... ;)

Cool... but stability would probably require some work on that one... :)

Later! OL JR :)

Brain 08-17-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Cool... but stability would probably require some work on that one... :)

Later! OL JR :)

Perhaps, but I've seen something like this in the BARCLONE catalog (and Shrox makes/made that displaced fuselage jet rocket kit); also, you might notice that I have the trailing body tube offset from the center of the tube fin to compensate, I would hope... these are just nuggets of ideas, not necessarily to be taken seriously.

vigilante 08-17-2012 08:34 PM

I love your designs. Especially that Atlatl. Not sure on the refrence tho...

Do your designs come with measurements and parts lists yet :D

LW Bercini 08-17-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
The third one looks like it may be something from the Odyssey, Rigel 3 and Dark Energy family.

Bill

To what do these terms refer?

jbuscaglia 08-17-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW Bercini
To what do these terms refer?

Three Estes kits. The Odyssey and Rigel 3 are "classic" kits from the late '70's/early '80's timeframe that featured an unusual blow-molded plastic nose cone. The Dark Energy is a new release that uses a version of that nose cone made with new tooling.

LW Bercini 08-18-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuscaglia
Three Estes kits. The Odyssey and Rigel 3 are "classic" kits from the late '70's/early '80's timeframe that featured an unusual blow-molded plastic nose cone. The Dark Energy is a new release that uses a version of that nose cone made with new tooling.

D'OH! Gotcha now. When you said "family" my mind immediately went to "classification of warships" so I wondered if this was some kind of sci-fi reference.

I still have my original Odyssey and it is still in flying condition. Never had a Rygel 3 (I don't remember that one, so I'll have to look it up).

Randy 08-18-2012 09:14 AM

Hey! You've got some real creativity going on there. Fresh, unique, excellent! I don't do kits anymore but I'd actually buy many of those. I don't know what would be involved with all the details but have you ever contacted any of the kit companies? You've got more "original concept" ideas than most of what I've seen by any of them for quite some time.

Really nice!
Randy
www.vernarockets.com