Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   OpenRocket 1.1.x (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=8797)

Ltvscout 07-22-2011 05:57 PM

Craig,

Maybe make a number of posts in this sub-forum for the various software programs, but don't reference the exact version number. In the first post put the link to the software download page. As new versions are released people can reply to the message with the latest release number. I'll make the posts sticky. You could edit this one by putting the link to the software in your original post. I believe that you as moderator can edit the title as well and make it say something like OpenRocket 1.x or 1.1.x. You may even be able to make the thread sticky yourself with your access.

Ironnerd 07-23-2011 08:32 AM

Just got 1.1.6

Hooray for scaling!

This is really turning into a fantastic product.

GregGleason 07-23-2011 11:39 AM

I just got the new version, having used the older version.

It is fairly intuitive and I was able to make a rocket with several parts in less than an hour.

Greg

CPMcGraw 07-23-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Craig,

Maybe make a number of posts in this sub-forum for the various software programs, but don't reference the exact version number. In the first post put the link to the software download page. As new versions are released people can reply to the message with the latest release number. I'll make the posts sticky. You could edit this one by putting the link to the software in your original post. I believe that you as moderator can edit the title as well and make it say something like OpenRocket 1.x or 1.1.x. You may even be able to make the thread sticky yourself with your access.


I'll see what I can do. It's been some time since I fiddled with any of the features of this forum, I'm a bit rusty... :o

Ltvscout 07-23-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
I'll see what I can do. It's been some time since I fiddled with any of the features of this forum, I'm a bit rusty... :o

At the top of the beginning of the thread page you should see a drop-down link called Thread Tools. That's where the magic happens. ;)

CPMcGraw 07-23-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
At the top of the beginning of the thread page you should see a drop-down link called Thread Tools. That's where the magic happens. ;)


I think I got it :D

The first entry now has some of that "important stuff' mentioned...

nukemmcssret 09-12-2011 07:24 PM

how do you
 
I downloaded the program opened it from the download, but it does not seem to be on my HDD. Do you have to run it every time? Thanks

mwtoelle 09-12-2011 08:31 PM

What OS are you running? You should save the .jar file to your computer's hard disk before running it. It does not install to your hard disk like most Windows programs. The OpenRocket file should be in whatever directory that it was downloaded to. To make it easier to find, try copying it to your desktop.

CPMcGraw 09-12-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukemmcssret
I downloaded the program opened it from the download, but it does not seem to be on my HDD. Do you have to run it every time? Thanks


You need a Java RTE (run time environment) to run the file. Go to the Sun Java Download Page and download the current RTE, install it. Then, you just create a desktop link to the OR *jar file. When you click the link, it will auto-start the RTE which will run OR.

CPMcGraw 09-12-2011 11:55 PM

OpenRocket 1.1.8 is available (as of August 25)...

Changes include:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRocket
25.8.2011: Version 1.1.8 is released!

This release contains bug fixes to the optimization methods. It also contains a workaround to a JRE bug that prevents running OpenRocket on some builds of Java 7.

The web pages have also been somewhat updated and Boris du Reau has created a separate site for coordinating the localization efforts for OpenRocket.

12.8.2011: Version 1.1.7 is released!

This release includes automatic rocket design optimization support (Analyze → Rocket optimization). You can optimize any amount of rocket parameters for apogee altitude, maximum velocity or a number of different values.

While the automatic optimization is a powerful tool, it is very easy to optimize against particulars of the simulation methods, instead of true physical phenomena. Always keep common sense at hand and take the results with a grain of salt.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.