PDA

View Full Version : Forum Contest

Aeronautical
06-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Here's a thought, we'll all start planning ahead here. When like the next estes rocket comes out, we all go buy it, nothing real expensive, and then we'll have a little competition, who can make theirs look the coolest, paint job, stability, overall construction, and of course, if you can, if you have a digital camera, take a video, and a flight contest.

I am going to Wshington D.C. soon with our high school band to march for 4th of July, but when I get back, I'd love to do something like this. It doesn't need to be a competition at all either, it can be more of a learning experience. You can even change the rocket a bit if you think it'll help, sanding down the wings, that sort of thing.

What do you all think?

cas2047
06-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Great idea.

The latest rocket that just came out from Estes is the Porta Pot Shot. I think the next one they have coming out in July is the Patriarch...

I bought and built the Porta Pot Shot. Here's a couple of pictures of it (I hope...) Just activated my account and am not completely sure the attachments will come through.

Aeronautical
06-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Great idea.

The latest rocket that just came out from Estes is the Porta Pot Shot. I think the next one they have coming out in July is the Patriarch...

I bought and built the Porta Pot Shot. Here's a couple of pictures of it (I hope...) Just activated my account and am not completely sure the attachments will come through.

The porta Pot Shot, you're kidding right? Wow! Anyway, the patriarch, that would make since, it will be july 4th after all.

cas2047
06-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Yep I am kidding about using it for a build contest. I did buy and build it though. Something about a flying outhouse that just cracks me up...

barone
06-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Great idea.

I was thinking about getting the Porta Pot for just sh*t and grins...... :D you know, a real conversation piece. It's always nice to have something around so you don't have to leave the launch because someone has to go to the potty..... :rolleyes:

Don
NAR 53455

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-23-2006, 08:32 PM
I was thinking about getting the Porta Pot for just sh*t and grins...... :D you know, a real conversation piece. It's always nice to have something around so you don't have to leave the launch because someone has to go to the potty..... :rolleyes:

Don
NAR 53455

Or in this case, ON the potty. :eek: :rolleyes:
Just TRY not to hit the seat. :D