PDA

View Full Version : Ksc

SEL
05-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Well, we're off to Florida tomorrow for a vacation, and a trip to Kennedy Space Center is planned for early next week.
If there are any rockets any of you would especially like to see, or any up close detail shots you need for your scale projects, let me know and I'll see what I can do to accomodate. I'll do the best I can with a 4.0 meg. digital camera.
It's been a couple of years since I've been there and I've heard there was some serious damage in the rocket garden due to hurricanes, so it will be interesting to see what's changed :( .
I'll check back here this weekend.

Sean

I took this of the Mercury Redstone through the blockhouse window on my last trip.

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-04-2006, 04:17 AM
Well, we're off to Florida tomorrow for a vacation, and a trip to Kennedy Space Center is planned for early next week.
If there are any rockets any of you would especially like to see, or any up close detail shots you need for your scale projects, let me know and I'll see what I can do to accomodate. I'll do the best I can with a 4.0 meg. digital camera.
It's been a couple of years since I've been there and I've heard there was some serious damage in the rocket garden due to hurricanes, so it will be interesting to see what's changed :( .
I'll check back here this weekend.

Sean

I took this of the Mercury Redstone through the blockhouse window on my last trip.

I believe the Mercury Redstone was among the rockets damaged by the hurricane. I had the picture of it toppled, but I can't find it right now. The capsule was just a mock-up. I remember that much.
Enjoy the trip. Hope the weather cooperates. :cool:

dwmzmm
05-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Sean

That looks more like a "complete" Mercury Redstone. The one at Rocket Park at JSC here
near Houston is definitely a bit shorter in length...very obvious no matter what distance or
angle you're viewing it from.