PDA

View Full Version : RockSim Database Files

Feyd
07-07-2010, 03:57 PM
I need to reload my RockSim program and I'd like to update it with various vendor data. I did do some updating, but I think I've messed up my databases. I know there are threads here that have information for vendor data at various stages. Could someone please do the following:

Post up-to-data vendor data files for body tubes, nosecones, baffles, etc
Post notes on how to get this data into RockSim properly

Thanks.

CPMcGraw
07-07-2010, 05:48 PM
I need to reload my RockSim program and I'd like to update it with various vendor data. I did do some updating, but I think I've messed up my databases. I know there are threads here that have information for vendor data at various stages. Could someone please do the following:

Post up-to-data vendor data files for body tubes, nosecones, baffles, etc
Post notes on how to get this data into RockSim properly

Thanks.

There is a set of parts files for SEMROC here on the forum, but it's about two years old now. I and a few others worked it up, but it's labor-intensive to update since Carl is so prolific with his alien technology devices... :D

If you'd like to help out with the updates, read through the threads where we last worked up the set to get a feel for what we do. I found that using a spreadsheet was easier than trying to use RockSim itself. OpenOffice Calc is fabulous for this, as well as being free.

There are some formatting issues that RockSim is persnickety about, but we discuss them in the thread.

For Estes and Centuri parts, the SEMROC files are the best anywhere, even if they are a little out-of-date, so start there.