PDA

View Full Version : RockSim changes for version 9.0.6 (Build 81)

snaquin
09-27-2009, 08:41 AM
This update is available and includes the following changes:

Changes for version 9.0.6 (Build 81)
Windows: Changed the RockSim startup code to bypass a Windows bug. RockSim was crashing on Windows systems with corrupt registries or broken advapi32.dll libraries. The .rkt file association setup is now done outside of RockSim by using system commands. NOTE: I was unable to duplicate this crash on any of my Windows systems. This fix does not repair damaged registry entries or repair broken advapi32.dll files. It simply prevents RockSim from crashing on broken systems.
Fixed the plotting routines to correctly display data point markers.
Increased the number of fin polygon points to 8192 from 2048. This prevents error messages when fin root edges span very long non-body tube components.
Fixed the print code for graphs. Y-Axis scales now print correctly.
Fixed a bug in simulation Cd calculations. The finish code on inside body tubes was being referenced when calculating the surface characteristics of the rocket in flight. This was resulting in slightly higher Cd values during simulations.
Windows: A Microsoft security update ( KB971090 ) broke RockSim on on several of my test systems. The 3D graphics engine has been updated to version 5.4.2 and all other support libraries have been rebuilt to get around this issue.

CPMcGraw
09-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, Steve. Got mine updated this morning, right after seeing your post.

Gus
09-27-2009, 12:33 PM
I tried to download the update without success.

I'm running version 9.0.5f80 on an iMac running system 10.5.8.

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz

Updater appeared when I opened Rocksim, I proceeded with "Download only updates", appeared to download without a problem, then I got the "Failed to mount disk image" box as shown below.

Reopened Rocksim to try re-downloading but the updater no longer appears.

Is there any other way to re-download the update (I can't find it on the Apogee site).

Any other suggestions to get the updater to reappear in my current version?

Suggestion for future versions, "Check for updates" button in the "About Rocksim" window.

brianc
09-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Suggestion for future versions, "Check for updates" button in the "About Rocksim" window.That's under the 'Help' menu item in Windows... Not sure about Apple.

rstaff3
09-27-2009, 02:06 PM
I also don't know about macs, but the updater has never auto-run on either of my PCs with either the updates or full download. However, if I go to the folder where the downloads are placed, I can manually install them.

snaquin
09-27-2009, 02:41 PM
I tried to download the update without success.

I'm running version 9.0.5f80 on an iMac running system 10.5.8.

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz

Updater appeared when I opened Rocksim, I proceeded with "Download only updates", appeared to download without a problem, then I got the "Failed to mount disk image" box as shown below.

Reopened Rocksim to try re-downloading but the updater no longer appears.

Is there any other way to re-download the update (I can't find it on the Apogee site).

Any other suggestions to get the updater to reappear in my current version?

Suggestion for future versions, "Check for updates" button in the "About Rocksim" window.

Not sure about the download only updates feature. As Dick mentioned, with a full update a file is downloaded into your RockSim 9 directory and can be executed from there. I would check your RockSim 9 directory and see if the update file you downloaded resides there to install it.

I only use the full download feature and always have to navigate to the downloaded file to install it.

I always have to manually install mine using the downloaded file.

HTH

CPMcGraw
09-27-2009, 11:57 PM
...I only use the full download feature and always have to navigate to the downloaded file to install it...I always have to manually install mine using the downloaded file.

I'll second this approach, as I like to install each new copy into a new folder instead of over-writing the existing copy. That way, if something goes BOO with the install, I still have a working version on the computer.

Gus
09-28-2009, 06:36 AM
I sent Tim a note via the Apogee "Contact Us" page on the website.

I got a very quick response with a link to the full version which I downloaded without a problem.

I have never had anything but the finest service from Apogee.

Thanks, Tim.